***Official 2018 Coast to Coast thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transportation. If it's just a bike rack I'll have to use my roadie or borrow a mtb.

I referred more to the ride back than the way over. It's pretty tough going on a fat bike. That said, I'm in two minds to change my normal tyres to something a bit slimmer.

I referred more to the ride back than the way over. It's pretty tough going on a fat bike. That said, I'm in two minds to change my normal tyres to something a bit slimmer.
I'll still be quicker than Herman

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit but I have some questions for Dave and some of the other coast to coast regulars. My brothers and I have been inspired by this thread and others to do the route ourselves.

But what type of bike would you recommend?
Also I know you use a minibus to transport your bikes but would it be ok to use a car bike rack to do it? We are a bit worried about safety with visions of bikes falling off in the middle of the road.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit but I have some questions for Dave and some of the other coast to coast regulars. My brothers and I have been inspired by this thread and others to do the route ourselves.

But what type of bike would you recommend?
Also I know you use a minibus to transport your bikes but would it be ok to use a car bike rack to do it? We are a bit worried about safety with visions of bikes falling off in the middle of the road.

Thanks in advance.
You can do it on any bike but there are some off road sections where road bikes have to take an alternative route. The off road is more fun, but there’s a lot of road as well, so ideally you want a hybrid or mountain bike with semi-slick tyres on.

Bike carriers are fine if fitted properly.

You can do it on any bike but there are some off road sections where road bikes have to take an alternative route. The off road is more fun, but there’s a lot of road as well, so ideally you want a hybrid or mountain bike with semi-slick tyres on.

Bike carriers are fine if fitted properly.
Perfect. Thanks, Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back