ODI World Cup

Do you think if England were going to lose the World Cup final at lords and head scored a 100 the crowd would be on its feet like?

I agree the fans are absolute tools but so are a lot of the English mind

I wouldn’t be too keen to applaud someone that had just stole the World Cup from us if I’m being honest
When has a crowd at lords not applauded an opposition player making a century?

Want Newcastle to win because they're close to you, yet happy to take cricket away from Durham.

Doesn't stack up I'm afraid.

Bloke is an utter clown.
I think they entirely different debates, as much as I far from a avid fan of Durham prefer them to win games than lose them.

Thought their approach last year was superb attacking cricket good for the game.

I would definitely want them to win if they were in the same league as Sunderland and they were 16th in the league and us 5th if they were playing the 6th team in the league as that would stop that team catching us or overtaking us,
that logical to me

If you’re not a Sunderland supporter and you aren’t a Durham supporter, why are you here?
Do you think if England were going to lose the World Cup final at lords and head scored a 100 the crowd would be on its feet like?

Yes, absolutely, because that is the epitome of Lord’s (and English cricket in general) that good cricket is respected and applauded regardless of which team is doing it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think the crowd would applaud. Maybe not give him a standing ovation, but they would applaud.
Yeah I think more than fair to say English crowds applaud good cricket from opposition more than Indian ones by a long way.

I would like to think true sporting fans do.

It even happens in football at times, remember one end of the season game at SOL where Henry was out of this world and was given standing ovation as subbed near the end.

Somebody getting a hundred in a World Cup final should be clapped by both sets of supporters imo

Bloke is an utter clown.

If you’re not a Sunderland supporter and you aren’t a Durham supporter, why are you here?

Yes, absolutely, because that is the epitome of Lord’s (and English cricket in general) that good cricket is respected and applauded regardless of which team is doing it.
I want Sunderland to do well and win games and equally Durham to do well and win games.

But because I have played football and cricket all my life rather than going to games and watching them teams I am far from the biggest fan of either of those, first to admit that.

In fact tbh prefer England in both those sports and more passionate about my country doing well in them sports than Durham or Sunderland.

That seems fair enough to me and pretty sure is my personal preference

Don’t hate or even really dislike other teams whether it Australia, India in cricket or Newcastle and Germany in football

If you or others want to have a go because I don’t have hatred to other teams because of a game or a sport not sure much I can do.

But it seems a weird logical to have a go at somebody for not hating another.

But hey ho will continue to put my opinions across in a respectful way and praise good performances in sport from whoever that maybe.

Last edited:
I get what you saying mate, but simply don’t think that, genuinely don’t.

Massively passionate like the next bloke when England playing or the team I support are playing or results effect where my team are in a certain league position etc.

I don’t have hatred to other teams really don’t, especially when my team not playing them and nothing in that game effects my team.

Said at the time preferred Newcastle to beat Man United in the league cup earlier in the year as local team in the North East and wanted them to win, as slightly prefer them over Man United but no passion either way as not my team and no hatred for either of them at all.
You should be banned for that.

Tbf marra nor are me and @Silly Point but we're still here ;)

I agree the fans are absolute tools but so are a lot of the English mind

I wouldn’t be too keen to applaud someone that had just stole the World Cup from us if I’m being honest
Alex Hales nicked the Royal London Cup from Surrey with one of the best white ball knocks I've ever seen at Lords in 2017 (I think). Stood and applauded him when he got his ton, and did the same when he walked off, even though I was gutted.

It's just what you do. If you genuinely love the game, you appreciate good play. And Head was superb.

Last edited:
Why not @TheRey is here

Yes and I know exactly why because he’s told us several times. Unsurprisingly you’ve completely missed the f*cking point.
I want Sunderland to do well and win games and equally Durham to do well and win games.

But because I have played football and cricket all my life rather than going to games and watching them teams I am far from the biggest fan of either of those, first to admit that.

In fact tbh prefer England in both those sports and more passionate about my country doing well in them sports than Durham or Sunderland.

That seems fair enough to me and pretty sure is my personal preference

Don’t hate or even really dislike other teams whether it Australia, India in cricket or Newcastle and Germany in football

If you or others want to have a go because I don’t have hatred to other teams because of a game or a sport not sure much I can do.

But it seems a weird logical to have a go at somebody for not hating another.

But hey ho will continue to put my opinions across in a respectful way and praise good performances in sport from whoever that maybe.

A lot of pointless rambling without answering the question, again, as per your usual…

If you aren’t a Sunderland supporter, why are you on a Sunderland messageboard? It isn’t a trick question. Many others aren’t lads fans either, but in most cases we know why they’re here.

Last edited:
Yes and I know exactly why because he’s told us several times. Unsurprisingly you’ve completely missed the f*cking point.

A lot of pointless rambling without answering the question, again, as per your usual…

If you aren’t a Sunderland supporter, why are you on a Sunderland messageboard? It isn’t a trick question. Many others aren’t lads fans either, but in most cases we know why they’re here.
Nope

Last edited:

Back