ODI World Cup

Silly Point

Winger

These twats couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Thought they should have had the schedule out by now!

Was toying with the idea of going for some of this or the Test series next year but they're always so disorganised, plus I can't justify giving the Modi regime any of my time or money.

Should have a deadline of 12 months before to get a schedule sorted and signed off, or lose it.

Last edited:

These twats couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Thought they should have had the schedule out by now!

Was toying with the idea of going for some of this or the Test series next year but they're always so disorganised, plus I can't justify giving the Modi regime any of my time or money.

Should have a deadline of 12 months before to get a schedule sorted and signed off, or lose it.

I’m planning on going for the test series, hopefully two tests. But could do with venues being confirmed early ish. Prices currently good for flights

Just like they did in England then with venue changes 6 months before. Official venues and line up will be announced 6 months before just like the World Cup in England was.

Just like they did in England then with venue changes 6 months before. Official venues and line up will be announced 6 months before just like the World Cup in England was.
Yeah just thought it was the norm as well tbh.

Is it the same format as the last one?

Qualifying doesn't finish til July for the last two berths in the finals. Long-winded but there's a tournament in Namibia atm to decide the last two places in the next qualifying stage. Could be any of USA, UAE, Canada or (unlikely) Namibia or Jersey.

These two will join Netherlands, Sri Lanka, Windies, Zimbabwe, Nepal, Oman & Scotland in a round robin in June and July in Zimbabwe.

Hoping to get to a game in Chandigarh so I can do the train ride up to Shimla as part of the holiday.

Qualifying doesn't finish til July for the last two berths in the finals. Long-winded but there's a tournament in Namibia atm to decide the last two places in the next qualifying stage. Could be any of USA, UAE, Canada or (unlikely) Namibia or Jersey.

These two will join Netherlands, Sri Lanka, Windies, Zimbabwe, Nepal, Oman & Scotland in a round robin in June and July in Zimbabwe.

Hoping to get to a game in Chandigarh so I can do the train ride up to Shimla as part of the holiday.

I wonder what sort of team the Windies get out for that, given potential clashes with franchise stuff.

Match 1 India v New Zealand 5th October Ahmedabad on Wiki, it was England v New Zealand the other day

That's what was reported. They've got the India v Pakistan game pencilled in for 15 Oct too.

I'm not unhappy England aren't playing in Ahmedabad tbh, it's in Gujarat which is a "dry" state, probably the strictest one.
Becoming a farce.

ICC should have specific deadlines and timescales that the host cricket boards and boards of teams that have definitely qualified have to adhere to or get fined.

Last edited:
f***ing ridiculous. Take it off em. I'd love to go to this or the Test series but can't work to such tight deadlines like. Bet the Tests aren't announced until November after the WC or something

Jay Shah, the BCCI secretary, had recently said that the schedule would be unveiled during the ongoing World Test Championship (WTC) final at The Oval, but Allardice did not commit to that timeline during an interview on the BBC's Test Match Special; and ESPNcricinfo understands the fixtures may not be made public until next week.

"I think even today (Wednesday) we might be receiving the schedule from the hosts, and we've just got a bit of consultation to do with all the participating teams and the broadcasters. Then we'll be publishing that as soon as we possibly can," Allardice said. "When we put on events, we very much work hand in hand with the hosts.

"And in some places, there's a lot of consultation that needs to take place, both within the cricket system and with governments, etc. There's a lot of responsibility on a host to deliver a good event, and they've got to go through the right checks and balances."

Allardice was asked whether Pakistan's willingness to play in India had any bearing on the apparent delay in the fixtures being announced, but he declined to elaborate.

"Until I see the schedule… I'm waiting, and I'm hoping that I'll see something in the next day or two on that," he said. "Our events team is very experienced at putting on cricket events in all different countries, and you control what you control.

"And I think that's the approach that our team is taking, and they're working on the things that they can progress for the event. The moment we have that information, we'll be pushing on it at a rate of knots."

What do you make of that then?

Apparently Pakistan are refusing to play any games in the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad unless it's the final (I think one or both of the semi finals is due to be played there too). Pakistan v England gonna be played at Kolkata and India are playing all nine group games at a different venue which could be a bit tough on them.

These are just rumours mind, I've got nowt solid to back it up apart from journo talk.

I’m planning on going for the test series, hopefully two tests. But could do with venues being confirmed early ish. Prices currently good for flights

Has anyone heard any rumours of the test venues? Me and my friend are planning on doing 2 tests.

Also for anyone who has been/ITK what are the most recommended venues?

Prefer not to be dry, and would like to be a great experience and area on n off the pitch

Quite fancied Mumbai if they get one.

Has anyone heard any rumours of the test venues? Me and my friend are planning on doing 2 tests.

Also for anyone who has been/ITK what are the most recommended venues?

Prefer not to be dry, and would like to be a great experience and area on n off the pitch

Quite fancied Mumbai if they get one.

Gujarati is the driest state, Ahmedabad and Rajkot the only two test venues there. There's three small states up in the north east which are dry but they dont hold test matches. You can get a 30 day tourist alchohol pass in Gujarat apparently which allows you to buy booze from a very limited number of outlets, but you won't be allowed to drink in the stadiums at all. Some states don't have an alcohol ban but you can't buy a beer in the ground.

I only found out all of the above through a bit of research so apologies if it's wrong, I've never been there.

Kolkata is meant to be a decent place/experience from people I know who've been.

Gujarati is the driest state, Ahmedabad and Rajkot the only two test venues there. There's three small states up in the north east which are dry but they dont hold test matches. You can get a 30 day tourist alchohol pass in Gujarat apparently which allows you to buy booze from a very limited number of outlets, but you won't be allowed to drink in the stadiums at all. Some states don't have an alcohol ban but you can't buy a beer in the ground.

I only found out all of the above through a bit of research so apologies if it's wrong, I've never been there.

Kolkata is meant to be a decent place/experience from people I know who've been.

Ok thanks for that

I’m not going for a piss up at all, just be nice to have relaxed drinks rather than it being a mission etc

Not even that fussed in the ground really, with the pitches they serve up it’ll be engrossing enough

Ok thanks for that

I’m not going for a piss up at all, just be nice to have relaxed drinks rather than it being a mission etc

Not even that fussed in the ground really, with the pitches they serve up it’ll be engrossing enough

They were doing tests in Chandigarh a lot recently against England. I dunno whether this was cos it's in the Punjab were alcohol is freely available, but Chandigarh is the Indian equivalent of Milton Keynes apparently. Make of that what you will.

Back