ODI Side moving forward

• Thread starter Deleted member 55221
  • Start date
Key should release players for the domestic one day cup instead of them playing in that shitfest that's played in August.
I've said this all along and will continue with that view. If players don't want to play domestic 50 over cricket then fine but they should then not be picked at international level (unlikely to happen with this mob running the shit show). I said the other week Keaton Jennings would be my 50 over captain.

I've said this all along and will continue with that view. If players don't want to play domestic 50 over cricket then fine but they should then not be picked at international level (unlikely to happen with this mob running the shit show). I said the other week Keaton Jennings would be my 50 over captain.
Jennings would be utterly horrendous in an ODI.

Not sure smashing around second and third string bowling attacks is what we should be picking players off.

Getting rid of a format that isn't played internationally is the logical thing. Picking Jennings is not.

Or aye, every international team would play second tier players, and the current top players playing in the World Cup would not play!!!

No Rohit, no Rashid, No Burmah, No Klassen, etc etc.

Then you have the same people twisting that World Cup has been devalued!!!

Last edited:
Not impressed by Key’s comments regarding unfamiliarity with local conditions - dew and heat etc.

Have we never played in India before ?

Has he never been there ?

It’s ok admitting mistakes, as long as they are plausible, but these excuses aren’t
Buttler,Woakes and Archer have played for Mumbai Indians.

Plus the fact they've all played in Mumbai before as opponents in all 3 formats and in IPL

A f***ing embarrassing excuse.

Or aye, every international team would play second tier players, and the current top players playing in the World Cup would not play!!!

No Rohit, no Rashid, No Burmah, No Klassen, etc etc.

Then you have the same people twisting that World Cup has been devalued!!!

I'm not arsed about other countries. Merely bothered about England and believe this change is required as this lot have failed, the current system has failed and the current players are simply not interested as I've said for a long time.

I'm not arsed about other countries. Merely bothered about England and believe this change is required as this lot have failed, the current system has failed and the current players are simply not interested as I've said for a long time.
Yeah but if you went down that route then every other country would have their best choice players available as they would pick all their top players who have been playing in all the franchise leagues around the world including the pressure and top quality of the IPL.

And you suggesting we pick practically a second or third choice outfit to compete against the worlds best players at a major tournament.

I get you angry but it makes no sense it’s like sending us to a football World Cup with just championship players.

Despite this disaster of a tournament it’s not going to be a way to win tournaments going forward at all.

Other countries and players have had the passion and desire and have been able to adapt from playing hardly if any domestic 50 over cricket so should of ours

Last edited:
Who says they aren’t interested in it? Because they don’t play the one day cup against 3rd string sides in front of about 15 people?

Would you not pick Stokes or Wood for the test side because they don’t play county cricket

Who says they aren’t interested in it? Because they don’t play the one day cup against 3rd string sides in front of about 15 people?

Would you not pick Stokes or Wood for the test side because they don’t play county cricket
You've answered your own question about the 50 over selection. They have de-valued and disrespected the 50 over game in this country. I'll stick with my view that I'd not select any of them, it's their choice to chase the 16.4.
Test cricket is a funny one as the ECB stop them from playing quite often. Difficult question for me to answer.

Last edited:
You've answered your own question about the 50 over selection. They have de-valued and disrespected the 50 over game in this country. I'll stick with my view that I'd not select any of them, it's their choice to chase the 16.4.
Test cricket is a funny one as the ECB stop them from playing quite often. Difficult question for me to answer.
Nobody plays domestic 50 over cricket anymore. There are some legitimate arguments for scrapping the hundred/trying to make 50 over cricket relevant again but selecting the likes of Jennings isn’t.

Stokes, Wood and Root chose the ipl this year before the ashes, I take it you wouldn’t have picked them in the squad

But does it make much sense then for the ICC to bring back the Champions Trophy? I can't see much reason for it otherwise apart from maybe wanting some real estate on the ever busier calendar of domestic and international tournaments.
Depends what England do in terms of selection. I hope it's not the end of 50 over cricket but fear the end is soon.
Nobody plays domestic 50 over cricket anymore.
They do

Depends what England do in terms of selection. I hope it's not the end of 50 over cricket but fear the end is soon.

They do
The international players don't. Their best players outside of that do though, which is more the point.

As our carry drinks e.g. Ollie Robinson who should be competing with Jamie Smith for our next white ball keeper once Jos retires.

Not sure what happened to Potts, the rumour i was told yesterday was the Club were told of his and Carse's selection on saturday, but didnt make the squad on the sunday

Back