Oculus quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Netflix on it?

Yeah. You can watch 3D films and stuff on it too
Trover Saves The Universe is hilarious and a lot of fun.

This is down to £15 on the Epic Games Store. They're giving away £10 off vouchers (if you haven't already got one) with Rocket League next week, so you can use it to get Trover for a fiver. Bargain

Last edited:
Looking forward to my Oculus Quest 2 coming on Wednesday. With it only being £300 it's kinda killed the resale value of the current Quest, reckon I'll be lucky to get £175 for it. The sharper picture quality will be good and there's some really exciting games coming out soon so pretty exciting times ahead for VR.

Looking forward to my Oculus Quest 2 coming on Wednesday. With it only being £300 it's kinda killed the resale value of the current Quest, reckon I'll be lucky to get £175 for it. The sharper picture quality will be good and there's some really exciting games coming out soon so pretty exciting times ahead for VR.
This a stand alone bit of kit, no pc required?

For £300 these look good value for vr

Are they still really bad for motion sickness.

Is a 64gb one big enough ?
Excellent value, I assume you're talking about the Quest 2 not the original?

Some people experience motion sickness, but I've had no issues with it.

Yeah definitely, think I have about 20-25 games and apps on mine and still over 50% memory.

When you switch over to Quest 2 you seemingly lose all your save data for your games, for me there's only Echo VR that has kept the data. Little annoying but not too much of a big deal, with the new updates for the new headset it gives me a reason to play through all the games again.

For £300 these look good value for vr

Are they still really bad for motion sickness.

Is a 64gb one big enough ?
the motion sickness is pretty subjective.

I have a valve index and I have only felt a bit uncomftorble by it once.

When I got mine though I didnt jump straight into crazy motion games. I was down spells of an hour or so on the likes of big screen cinema, wandering about on VR chat and around the social hubs on steam.

After my brain got used to it I moved onto games like Alyx, elite dangerous and no mans sky. If any game should make you feel sick its elite dangerous flying about in a deployable fighter but I never had any issues with it.

The game that bothered me was the forrest, most VR games the first person walking is done by teleportation. On the forrest its as if you are walking and its horrible.

Afternoon all. Excuse my ignorance as I know nothing about this but my Daughter is asking for a VR headset for Christmas, mainly to play Roblox on.
Would this be possible? Would it connect to her Samsung Galaxy Tab? Is it easy to do?

Cheers in advance

Afternoon all. Excuse my ignorance as I know nothing about this but my Daughter is asking for a VR headset for Christmas, mainly to play Roblox on.
Would this be possible? Would it connect to her Samsung Galaxy Tab? Is it easy to do?

Cheers in advance

Looks a bit of a chew on

My daughter plays Roblox in VR but we use it on Oculus Rift S which is connected to a Windows desktop

Cheers mate. She's only got Android tablet and phone. I'm clueless with all of this

Just had a quick google around, unfortunately it looks like the short answer is "not without a PC", for now at least.

I think it would take the developers of Roblox to release a version for a headset like the Oculus Quest 2, so it doesn't have to run via a PC and can run natively on the Quest. If there is any kind of workaround possible to use without a PC, I'd imagine it'd be a right ball-ache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back