Oculus quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Echo VR beta up for free on store atm, absolutely fantastic. Zero gravity sports game where two teams try throw a disc into a goal, you fly about with jets and can punch other players to steal the disc off them. Really competitive, everyone seems to be pretty vocal and encouraging when playing as well. You need the most recent update installed and I think you have to have beta settings switched on in the options to be able to get the game.

i spent an hour or so on this last night made me dizzy as fuck kept thinking i was gonna fall into the TV class tho

i spent an hour or so on this last night made me dizzy as fuck kept thinking i was gonna fall into the TV class tho
Some people seem to really get affected by motion sickness but thankfully it hasn't been an issue for me, I have unwittingly smacked the wall a couple of times though haha.

Grabbed sealed one off eBay in the end. Only had a quick try but first impressions are good!

Vader immortal was class! must it out more.

Loads better than PSVR!

Just got ProPutt golf over the weekend, pretty simple and fun. Hopefully they keep it updated with new courses as there's only 3 atm

I completely missed the part where you can connect it to a computer for AAA VR gaming!! I thought the lead was just a charger haha.

this could just have become a very good purchase indeed!

I completely missed the part where you can connect it to a computer for AAA VR gaming!! I thought the lead was just a charger haha.

this could just have become a very good purchase indeed!
they added that in a recent update, you were able to do it before but had to use remote access over wi fi or buy another USB cable

They charge cable you get is USB 2.1 IIRC if you buy a usb 3.1 you get a better transfer rate and it runs smoother.

they added that in a recent update, you were able to do it before but had to use remote access over wi fi or buy another USB cable

They charge cable you get is USB 2.1 IIRC if you buy a usb 3.1 you get a better transfer rate and it runs smoother.

Aye i only had a quick go with windows via boot camp and was surprised the cable was only usb2 I’ll grab another and give it another bash.

promising tho, makes this device class!

How is it better than PSVR?

PSVR didn't seem as good quality (resolution) to me, nor was it as good without the handheld controllers. Now the fact it can also be connected to a proper PC, quality of gaming is gonna go even better.

Disclaimer: Never owned a PSVR, only tried a few times and was all a bit "meh"

I've not long got hold of a Rift S. Loving it and there seems to be a ton of games/experiences to get through.

Games I've got into so far....
Beat Saber
BoxVR
Space Pirate Trainer
Superhot VR
Portal Stories
Abode
Moss
Transpose

Onward just came out yesterday, probably the first proper Multiplayer FPS on the system. Graphics are a bit sketchy, but it's a pretty cool game based on the couple hours I played last night, still in early access as well so it will improve over time.
any game recommendations ?

Finally, after 3 months of waiting my valve to index has been dispatched
Echo VR is hands down the best game on Quest, plus it's free to play atm while it's in beta. Gun Club VR is a cool shooting range sim, Beat Saber is probably the most well known game, IronLights is a cool gladiator combat style game and Superhot is quality as well.

Last edited:
Just got Holopoint over the weekend, simple archery game but it's pretty quick and a good workout.

The Oculus Quest 2 has been leaked but no release date or price yet....way more powerful, better graphics, more memory etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back