Oculus Quest 2

No you don't need a PC for anything, just the option is available to connect one if you want to transfer files across to the device and sideload PC games to it. It's a tremendous bit of kit, if £400 isn't a problem for you I'd highly recommend it, it really is a next level experience imo.

Cheers, think I may take the plunge. Can others see what you are seeing on the TV? Just thinking it may be a bit boring for the others when playing.

Cheers, think I may take the plunge. Can others see what you are seeing on the TV? Just thinking it may be a bit boring for the others when playing.
Yes, depends on the TV but there is an option to cast to the screen. You can also use the Oculus app on your phone and watch from there as well.

So I dabbled with the quest 2 yesterday and it’s definitely an impressive piece of kit.. even just the first steps setup thing is a good way to get used to using the controllers... downloaded the demo for beat saber which looks like a decent game to play around with...

What are the must have games? To get used to playing and build up game play...

Already looking at accessories, is the elite strap worth it? I’ve got a tiny heed (not as small as the character out of beetlejuice) so want to make sure it’ll twist tight enough for my little
Noggin..

So I dabbled with the quest 2 yesterday and it’s definitely an impressive piece of kit.. even just the first steps setup thing is a good way to get used to using the controllers... downloaded the demo for beat saber which looks like a decent game to play around with...

Already looking at accessories, is the elite strap worth it? I’ve got a tiny heed (not as small as the character out of beetlejuice) so want to make sure it’ll twist tight enough for my little
Noggin..
IMO Echo Arena is the best game, it's the one I spend most time on anyway, plus it's still free to play with it being in beta. Population One and Onward are both quality shooting games, Thrill of the Fight is a dead cheap boxing game that actually gets pretty intense on the harder levels. Pro Putt Golf has updated quite a bit and has a load of fun mini games on it now. Plenty of other interesting games like The Climb, Holopoint and Ironlights. The games are vetted quite a bit by Oculus so only good quality games make it onto the store, I'd personally say I haven't played a bad game yet. Can't speak for the accessories as I've not used any.

Noggin..

I would hold off on the Elite Strap, the extra battery life is temperamental and loads of them have snapped and were recalled. They will probably release a new version soon enough.

Upgraded from the the original Quest a few weeks ago, old games look a lot sharper on it and some of the new games like Population One look great. Looking forward to seeing how far they can go with the tech, I'd like to see some little sensors you put round your feet or ankles to be made then it opens up more potential for kicking motions etc. A football game in VR would be cool.

Did you manage to sell your original Quest to fund the upgrade or was there some offer that allowed you to trade it in?

How much did you get for it if you don't mind me asking? I'm seeing them going for about £170 on eBay.
Yeah that's what I got for mine, the Quest 2 only being £300 kinda killed the resale value of the 1s, I paid £400 for mine back in January so took a big hit.

I would hold off on the Elite Strap, the extra battery life is temperamental and loads of them have snapped and were recalled. They will probably release a new version soon enough.

yeah just read that, they are shopping them again now with improved quality and a 2 year warranty (the 2 year warranty though does make me wonder if they have confidence in their product)

Downloaded Echo VR, what a game

Back