Oculus Quest 2

My 7 year old has been asking for a VR for about 6 months so Santa has gone and got one of these. Any good? Any games that people might recommend?
Is it easy to setup too as I don’t want to mess on too much Christmas morning.
Pretty easy to set up, just need the Oculus app on your phone and a Facebook account. Plenty of great games, probably worth just checking through this whole thread as there's been loads mentioned.

Finally got around to finishing Resident Evil 4 VR, thoroughly enjoyed it. Haven't bought a new game for a while but just got a game that's just come out for £8 called Nock. It's like a rocket league style mix of archery and football, really enjoyed first few games of it and can see it being a popular competitive online game like Echo. Well worth a punt for the price 👍

The bairn got one off his dad for Christmas, he loves it and likes light saber fights and what not on some medieval game that he has a mod for. I haven't had a go in it yet but I'd struggle without my specs tbh.

The bairn got one off his dad for Christmas, he loves it and likes light saber fights and what not on some medieval game that he has a mod for. I haven't had a go in it yet but I'd struggle without my specs tbh.
There's a plastic spacer that comes with it that you put between the foam and the headset that allows you to wear your gegs when you're playing it.

Love mine.

The boxing games are canny good for a workout. Do a few rounds and your sweating like a fat lass at a disco.

Into the Radius is genius. Really atmospheric and like Stalker for VR. Loads of machanics in it before you head out like cleaning up your guns and doing them up etc - which you have to manually do.

VTOL VR - is a class little flight sim. Has all working buttons for the planes and really feels like you are in the cockpit.

Blade and Sorcery - f***ing nuts. Stabbing people through the eye and allsorts and bashing their skulls out on walls. Still only early release but what they have so far is class.

Haven't been on much lately, my analog stick on the left controller is nacked so playing most games is a bit of a pain. £70 for a new one too 😒 Seen they are removing the need to require a Facebook account to use the Quest now, sure that'll go down well.

Bumping this - are there many good games for an 8 year old?

A lot of what I see are violent games, first person shooters etc. Don't think I want her even thinking about guns yet tbh.

And anyone want to do a referral code? Apparently £23 each in Meta credit.

Bumping this - are there many good games for an 8 year old?

A lot of what I see are violent games, first person shooters etc. Don't think I want her even thinking about guns yet tbh.

And anyone want to do a referral code? Apparently £23 each in Meta credit.

There you go. There's plenty of games for younger people, lots of sports and fitness type games too.
Is the bundle for £350 worth it with resi evil 4 and beat sabre
I paid £300 2 years ago for my Quest 2, Resident Evil 4 is excellent but I think that and Beat Sabre wouldn't be over £50. Can only assume the headset in the bundle is the one with bigger memory, otherwise it doesn't seem like a great deal.

Last edited:

There you go. There's plenty of games for younger people, lots of sports and fitness type games too.

I paid £300 2 years ago for my Quest 2, Resident Evil 4 is excellent but I think that and Beat Sabre wouldn't be over £50. Can only assume the headset in the bundle is the one with bigger memory, otherwise it doesn't seem like a great deal.
They ramped the price up when it changed from Quest to Meta mate.

Been on this a lot more again recently, BoneLab is a pretty cool game but just downloaded something off App Lab the other day called VRFS Football Simulator. Still in development so it's a bit buggy but it's a really fun footy game, you use the controllers to swing your legs. Can play in games online upto 6v6, and even just practicing on solo mode is cool is pretty cool.

Back