Oculus Quest 2

The elite strap is well worth the money in my opinion. The one that comes with the oculus isn't very good. Unsure about the one with the battery as couldn't find any in stock.
I went for the 64GB one in the end. Games don't take up too much room and if I need to I'll just uninstall one I no longer use (can easy re-download them if you want to)

The elite strap is well worth the money in my opinion. The one that comes with the oculus isn't very good. Unsure about the one with the battery as couldn't find any in stock.
I went for the 64GB one in the end. Games don't take up too much room and if I need to I'll just uninstall one I no longer use (can easy re-download them if you want to)
I assume if linking to the PC for more advanced games then the game only needs installing on the PC? I think 2 hours battery life will be OK as I'm unlikely to be having marathon sessions on it so I'll probably just go for the elite strap and get a carry case too.

Last edited:
I assume if linking to the PC for more advanced games then the game only needs installing on the PC? I think 2 hours battery life will be OK as I'm unlikely to be having marathon sessions on it so I'll probably just go for the elite strap and get a carry case too.
Not sure about linking it to the PC but I would have thought so.

Not sure on the official battery life but it seems to be more than 2 hours. Also noticed a lot of clips people sell on ebay that you can use to clip on external batteries if really needed but I don't think I'll need the extra battery life.

Yeah, the link cable is pretty much just casting the image to the Quest and you only need the PC version of the game. I've got a few driving games via Steam and they all work great, no game affecting lag at all.

Yeah, the link cable is pretty much just casting the image to the Quest and you only need the PC version of the game. I've got a few driving games via Steam and they all work great, no game affecting lag at all.
Spot on mate cheers.

Do you have a case for it mate? There is one on currys website which is 50 quid but gets mixed reviews. I would ideally like something cheaper but if not cheaper atleast good quality. I can't leave it lying about because ive got bairns who break everything they touch.

Last edited:
Spot on mate cheers.

Do you have a case for it mate? There is one on currys website which is 50 quid but gets mixed reviews. I would ideally like something cheaper but if not cheaper atleast good quality. I can't leave it lying about because ive got bairns who break everything they touch.
No not yet but I need to get one rather than it lying about the house.

I got this one from Amazon, not bad quality and size but the link cables are quite chunky and doesn't fit into the case. Decent compared to prices for some of the cases though

Just ordered it. I've got it on buy now pay later so ended up ordering the elite strap and the official case with it so hopefully the official case is OK.
I got this one from Amazon, not bad quality and size but the link cables are quite chunky and doesn't fit into the case. Decent compared to prices for some of the cases though

Just ordered it. I've got it on buy now pay later so ended up ordering the elite strap and the official case with it so hopefully the official case is OK.

I've just thought now I've already ordered about a potential problem. I wear glasses. They were fine to wear with my PSVR but does anyone who's used a Quest 2 wear glasses and have good or bad experiences?

Last edited:

I've just thought now I've already ordered about a potential problem. I wear glasses. They were fine to wear with my PSVR but does anyone who's used a Quest 2 wear glasses and have good or bad experiences?
Comes with an extra spacer thing so it can be used with glasses. I've had no problems with mine.

Comes with an extra spacer thing so it can be used with glasses. I've had no problems with mine.
Cheers. Just need to have a look at a few cheap games to get me started now. Any recommendations? I fancy a boxing one to burm a few calories when the weather isn't good for running.

Cheers. Just need to have a look at a few cheap games to get me started now. Any recommendations? I fancy a boxing one to burm a few calories when the weather isn't good for running.
I really enjoy beat saber. As for boxing games there's a few. Creed has a demo you can try first. Also think fitvr started out as boxrv so might have some boxing related stuff on it but I would check first. Another game called The Thrill of the Fight but haven't looked at that but its only £8. About a week after I set mine up I got a discount code for 25% off a game so keep a look out for that (or try WELCOME25 which was the code they sent me)

I really enjoy beat saber. As for boxing games there's a few. Creed has a demo you can try first. Also think fitvr started out as boxrv so might have some boxing related stuff on it but I would check first. Another game called The Thrill of the Fight but haven't looked at that but its only £8. About a week after I set mine up I got a discount code for 25% off a game so keep a look out for that (or try WELCOME25 which was the code they sent me)

I'll end up with that fit VR because our lass will probably like it. I will give the Creed demo a try and for 8 quid I will probably just take a punt of thrill of the fight as well. I'll definitely be getting beat saber.
If you like gaming buy one for yourself or for your kids for xmas, the best £300 you'll ever spend.
Mine has arrived today and I'm owa the moon with it. Completely different gravy to the PSVR. Can't wait to hook it up to the laptop and play some AAA games.

Last edited:

Back