October half term

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, but surely in the current situation you would consider the possible risks before leaping in.
Only risk is having to quarantine.

I, personally, wouldn't go on a flight at the minute and risk passing the virus to others. If it was just me, I wouldn't hesitate to go on holiday.

Correct, but surely in the current situation you would consider the possible risks before leaping in.

Maybe cracking on with their lives a little will put others at risk.

It's nice that you can be so confident that you have zero fear.

ive never once felt in danger from this Virus my nana did the sensible thing and locked herself away from march until recently not even allowing any of us to visit....the only person i know to actually get this virus was my sister who tested positive never passed it onto my parents (they all live in the same house).

so yeah in my eyes its like what's to be afraid of
Nothing wrong with wanting some sun and a break from this f***ing shite

thing is we did get some cracking sunshine for a good few weeks but we were restricted top the bastard garden..... which is not the same as being next to a swimming pool and someone fetching you strawberry daiquiris all day and staring at lasses arses in their tight bikinis

Last edited:
anyone risking a week away.....anyone done Turkey that time of year is the weather still decent
We had Turkey booked, but it fell through. Looked at going to visit family in Canada instead but the border restrictions are still in place and the prospect of 7 hours on a plane with our masks on doesn't really appeal Think we'll just save it all for 2021

We had Turkey booked, but it fell through. Looked at going to visit family in Canada instead but the border restrictions are still in place and the prospect of 7 hours on a plane with our masks on doesn't really appeal Think we'll just save it all for 2021

i would just scran peanuts for 7 hours and tell them am eating, i carry an exemption card here but i dunno if they apply in the air or in other countries

What is Canada like for restrictions? I’d imagine much tighter than the USA

anyone risking a week away.....anyone done Turkey that time of year is the weather still decent
maybe just maybe i have absolutely no fear whatsoever of this virus, so by going on holiday i feel i am probably more at risk of cutting my foot on a broken tile on the swimming pool that i am of actually catching something and being ill.

in fact i wish i could get an antibody test as im sure i had the fucker back in January

exactly that

more like Newcastle to Turkey or Edinburgh as its £400 cheaper on the same day

There is nowt stopping you getting an antibody test.

i would just scran peanuts for 7 hours and tell them am eating, i carry an exemption card here but i dunno if they apply in the air or in other countries
Yeah, but the rules are the rules. I wouldn't be making up fake excuses not to wear a mask. It's inconsiderate of others IMHO. To be honest, from everything I've seen in the press in recent weeks and stuff I've heard from friends/family how have travelled it's just not worth it

What is Canada like for restrictions? I’d imagine much tighter than the USA
Borders are closed to all non-Canadian residents apart from immediate family. Bizarrely I don't count as immediate family to my sister(?) but my parents could travel over, but would have to quarantine for 15 days when they got there

Yes you are right, they are far stricter than USA and their small number of cases/deaths are testament to that

Last edited:
Don't bother - schools will remain open and no holiday will be had.
All part of the "catching-up" the bairns will have to do.
Also no February half term and just a week for Easter.
And deffo no Whit week holidays.

Imagine the teachers and teachers unions. I think it is a great idea but you can imagine the manking and moaning despite teachers effectively having been off for 6 month on full pay.

There is nowt stopping you getting an antibody test.
Yeah, but the rules are the rules. I wouldn't be making up fake excuses not to wear a mask. It's inconsiderate of others IMHO. To be honest, from everything I've seen in the press in recent weeks and stuff I've heard from friends/family how have travelled it's just not worth it

Borders are closed to all non-Canadian residents apart from immediate family. Bizarrely I don't count as immediate family to my sister(?) but my parents could travel over, but would have to quarantine for 15 days when they got there

Yes you are right, they are far stricter than USA and their small number of cases/deaths are testament to that

i actually suffer with them on im not sure if its my allergies or what but i cant breath to a comfortable level so refuse to put myself through that so spoke to my doctor and he advised it would be ok to print off and carry an exemption card...from what i have seen from friends who have been to Turkey over the last few weeks it seems a little more relaxed over there

Nothing wrong with wanting some sun and a break from this f***ing shite
Nothing indeed, if you're not spreading the same shite.
ive never once felt in danger from this Virus my nana did the sensible thing and locked herself away from march until recently not even allowing any of us to visit....the only person i know to actually get this virus was my sister who tested positive never passed it onto my parents (they all live in the same house).

so yeah in my eyes its like what's to be afraid of

thing is we did get some cracking sunshine for a good few weeks but we were restricted top the bastard garden..... which is not the same as being next to a swimming pool and someone fetching you strawberry daiquiris all day and staring at lasses arses in their tight bikinis
Then there wasn't any need for you to start the thread. Go for it and damn the consequences.

Last edited:
i actually suffer with them on im not sure if its my allergies or what but i cant breath to a comfortable level so refuse to put myself through that so spoke to my doctor and he advised it would be ok to print off and carry an exemption card...from what i have seen from friends who have been to Turkey over the last few weeks it seems a little more relaxed over there
Surely the sensible thing to do would be not get on a plane if you can't/won't wear a mask?

So you suffer from allergies and cannot breathe comfortably with a mask but you believe that Covid won't bother you?

Sorry but that is absurd.

Imagine the teachers and teachers unions. I think it is a great idea but you can imagine the manking and moaning despite teachers effectively having been off for 6 month on full pay.
Give each and everyone of them a grand in their hand tax free for working the October holiday.
Carrot and stick.

So you don’t want to wear a mask as you have problems breathing and you have Decided the best way forward is to not protect yourself from a bug during a global pandemic that attacks your respiratory system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back