October half term

So you don’t want to wear a mask as you have problems breathing and you have Decided the best way forward is to not protect yourself from a bug during a global pandemic that attacks your respiratory system?
Masks protect others, so he is saying he is not bothered about anybody else.

Teacher per chance? Or married to one?
Married to a former teacher, have a few teacher friends/family.

It all depends on the school of course, but speaking to my cousin who teaches in a Secondary school in Surrey (where the kids have to pay to attend) he has been busier than he would be during normal school year - the parents in his school are very demanding it appears

Married to a former teacher, have a few teacher friends/family.

It all depends on the school of course, but speaking to my cousin who teaches in a Secondary school in Surrey (where the kids have to pay to attend) he has been busier than he would be during normal school year - the parents in his school are very demanding it appears

I know a few teachers and they have done as little as they could get away with since March, and like always they never f***ing shut up about it if they have to do something even remotely beyond the call of duty.

I bet private school teacher will have been different though as they are still being paid to provide a service in a marketplace where any drop in standards would allow your competitors to move in on your business.

I know a few teachers and they have done as little as they could get away with since March, and like always they never f***ing shut up about it if they have to do something even remotely beyond the call of duty.

I bet private school teacher will have been different though as they are still being paid to provide a service in a marketplace where any drop in standards would allow your competitors to move in on your business.
Don't get me wrong, I;m no teacher apologist - I used to challenge the missus all the time when she moaned about work she had to do and the red tape/bureaucracy at work. The way I see it is that 99% of teachers have never worked outside the industry so have no context in which to judge their workplace/workloads etc. When the missus was working, she had stress and worked most evenings and all Sunday afternoon, but countered that with 13 weeks off a year all for £45k a year. With highly paid jobs comes high expectations

I also think that, like most unionised industries, there is a great deal of mischief making and propaganda spouted about working conditions etc

I fell out with a long time friend recently after we got into an argument about teachers salaries/holidays. She tried to tell me that teachers are only paid for 39 weeks a year but it is averaged out over 52 weeks (suggesting they have unpaid holidays). I pointed out that could be applied to every salaried position in the world and unlike her, self-employed people like me get no paid leave at all (my choice and not complaining about it)

And there you have it, 30 years of friendship down the pan because I dared to challenge her propaganda speech on teacher salaries - to say they (she) are highly strung is an understatement

Don't get me wrong, I;m no teacher apologist - I used to challenge the missus all the time when she moaned about work she had to do and the red tape/bureaucracy at work. The way I see it is that 99% of teachers have never worked outside the industry so have no context in which to judge their workplace/workloads etc. When the missus was working, she had stress and worked most evenings and all Sunday afternoon, but countered that with 13 weeks off a year all for £45k a year. With highly paid jobs comes high expectations

I also think that, like most unionised industries, there is a great deal of mischief making and propaganda spouted about working conditions etc

I fell out with a long time friend recently after we got into an argument about teachers salaries/holidays. She tried to tell me that teachers are only paid for 39 weeks a year but it is averaged out over 52 weeks (suggesting they have unpaid holidays). I pointed out that could be applied to every salaried position in the world and unlike her, self-employed people like me get no paid leave at all (my choice and not complaining about it)

And there you have it, 30 years of friendship down the pan because I dared to challenge her propaganda speech on teacher salaries - to say they (she) are highly strung is an understatement

I completely share your views. I think they also get away with developing a victim mentality because, unlike most other professions who deal with people from various related disciplines, teachers only really have professional relationships with other teachers. As a result bullshit positions like your unpaid leave example come to be taken as a given.

Luckily my teacher friends have known my thoughts for most of the time I've known them but it has still led to many a prickly conversation when I call them on their bullshit.

Last edited:
It protects both of you to a degree. Wear an n95 mask and itll catch large and small droplets while being off your face. The lad is making this shit up man. He’s just an ignorant twat
A N95 mask is only a FFP2 equivalent - and will NOT stop a virus when worn correctly by the wearer.
It is basically a dust/particulate mask.
It will, however, help to stop the wearer transmitting any airborne spittle/droplets to others.

Luckily my teacher friends have known my thoughts for most of the time I've known them but it has still led to many a prickly conversation when I call them on their bullshit.

This is a familiar concept. I've been calling them out for years, but not in an aggressive way, more in a challenging way - asking them to prove their theories etc. They are so defensive and snobbish about their profession

3 years ago when I went self-employed my 2 teacher friends asked what I'd be earning. When I told them (considerably more than a teacher earns) I was met with absolute incredulity. They said to each other "we shouldn't have bothered going to Uni in that case" - forgetting the fact that not only did I go to Uni, I have worked for 20 years to get to my position not to mention 4, self funded professional qualifications.

The snobbery around teaching is unbelievable - some of them really do think they are untouchable

So you don’t want to wear a mask as you have problems breathing and you have Decided the best way forward is to not protect yourself from a bug during a global pandemic that attacks your respiratory system?

Aye pretty much like to live on the edge
Also when I say allergies what I mean is hayfever and I dont like how they make my face warm.

So I printed off an exemption card after speaking to my GP

Last edited:
Masks protect others, so he is saying he is not bothered about anybody else.

i dont think anyone else is in danger from me mate i have no STD's im firing blanks and apart from some extra weight round the belly im pretty healthy
why has everyone got their head so far up their arses regarding face masks.....if they were that important we should of had them on from march but aye whatever its a touchy subject so ill leave it there

anyone not wearing one is a god damn serial killer who doesn't give a fuck about anyone else blah blah blah...

Last edited:
i dont think anyone else is in danger from me mate i have no STD's im firing blanks and apart from some extra weight round the belly im pretty healthy
why has everyone got their head so far up their arses regarding face masks.....if they were that important we should of had them on from march but aye whatever its a touchy subject so ill leave it there

anyone not wearing one is a god damn serial killer who doesn't give a fuck about anyone else blah blah blah...
I am not bothered if you have an STD I am not going to have sex with you, however if you have unknowingly contracted Covid and I am in the seat next to you on a plane then I want you to wear a mask for my safety, just as I will be for yours. What don’t you get from that? Basically you are just being self centred and selfish.

Back