Obi-Wan Kenobi

We all burst out laughing at this, why do they wear armour when.it stops fuck all? They even drowned in it so it doesn't help them breathe. Just give them a smart navy blue uniform.
From Wookiepedia:

Developed by the Imperial Department of Military Research,[1] stormtrooper armor was the standard issue armor of the Imperial Army's Stormtrooper Corps, and was manufactured on planets such as Gilvaanen.[6][3] It was introduced sometime after the conclusion of the Clone Wars, and was intended to replace the Phase II clone trooper armor. It was made up of 18 individual, overlapping plastoid composite plates and synth-leather boots which allowed for mobility, while also dispersing energy, protecting the wearer from glancing blaster bolts. A reinforced alloy plate ridge assisted the user's upper thigh, and a sniper position knee protector plate over a wearer's left knee helped improve accuracy when crouching.

Stormtrooper armor was capable of protecting its wearer in extreme environments, including deserts, forest, icy wastelands, and limited exposure to the vacuum of space. The armor's torso plating featured environmental controls on its midsection, its black body glove was vacuum-sealed[1] and made of a smart material that could adjust to the wearers body heat and external temperature.[7] Though a rebreatherpack was required for extended use in environments that lacked a breathable atmosphere or to filter potent toxins.[11]

I’ve give up after that fourth episode. Boring as sin. It doesn’t know whether it wants to cater to adults or children and attempts to do both, failing. Had high hopes for it as well.

This for me.

There also big plot holes in the overall Skywalker arc now this has come out IMHO.

How does Darth Vader not realise the importance of Princess Leia after all this?

How can a little bit of fire in episode 3 stop Darth from using his powers against Kenobi when he was goosed!!!

This for me.

There also big plot holes in the overall Skywalker arc now this has come out IMHO.

How does Darth Vader not realise the importance of Princess Leia after all this?

How can a little bit of fire in episode 3 stop Darth from using his powers against Kenobi when he was goosed!!!
He doesn't know she exists yet, he finds out in Jedi. Saying he'll turn her to the dark side if Luke doesn't.
The last bit made no sense. Nor did the fact that force powers worked on Obi Wan anyway

He doesn't know she exists yet, he finds out in Jedi. Saying he'll turn her to the dark side if Luke doesn't.
The last bit made no sense. Nor did the fact that force powers worked on Obi Wan anyway

So a young girl was used to bring Vader's most wanted Jedi out of hiding, and he didn't bother to see what the attachment was for another 15 year in ROTJ 🤨

It's an awful storyline that should never have been used.

So a young girl was used to bring Vader's most wanted Jedi out of hiding, and he didn't bother to see what the attachment was for another 15 year in ROTJ 🤨

The daughter of the senators would be ample explanation. There's plenty of weak story and plot holes and plot armour, you don't need to reach for any

This for me.

It doesn't. He uses the force to push him out of the fire.
Why wouldn't he be able to use the force against Kenobi?

Last edited:

It's clear from the opening scenes of A New Hope that Leia and Vader are acquainted. He then interrogates her on the Death Star. He didn't work it out when she was an adult - why should he when she's a child? He simply has no idea.
Cos Yoda and Dooku cancelled each other out, cos they were on similar levels, and had to use light sabres
There's plenty instances of two opponents not cancelling each other out. Obi-Wan and Anakin send each other fleeing on Mustafar.

They've shown Obi-Wan's powers to be diminished whilst Vader is still strong.
From Wookiepedia:

Developed by the Imperial Department of Military Research,[1] stormtrooper armor was the standard issue armor of the Imperial Army's Stormtrooper Corps, and was manufactured on planets such as Gilvaanen.[6][3] It was introduced sometime after the conclusion of the Clone Wars, and was intended to replace the Phase II clone trooper armor. It was made up of 18 individual, overlapping plastoid composite plates and synth-leather boots which allowed for mobility, while also dispersing energy, protecting the wearer from glancing blaster bolts. A reinforced alloy plate ridge assisted the user's upper thigh, and a sniper position knee protector plate over a wearer's left knee helped improve accuracy when crouching.

Stormtrooper armor was capable of protecting its wearer in extreme environments, including deserts, forest, icy wastelands, and limited exposure to the vacuum of space. The armor's torso plating featured environmental controls on its midsection, its black body glove was vacuum-sealed[1] and made of a smart material that could adjust to the wearers body heat and external temperature.[7] Though a rebreatherpack was required for extended use in environments that lacked a breathable atmosphere or to filter potent toxins.[11]
Amazed this needed pointing out on a Star Wars thread.

Last edited:
I can’t get away with the Mandalorian. I just couldn’t give a shit about either him or the baby yoda thing. *shrug*

I’m enjoying Obi Wan much more.
Awwww baby Yoda is lush man woman man 😍♥️😂. Obi wan has been okay, I'm not sure why it isn't grabbing me as much as it should.
Hopefully the last couple of episodes will be better.
a bit "meh" is exactly my thoughts... there are worse things to spend 35 minutes of your life doing though.
Very true, I'm looking forward to Mandalorian season 3, have to wait until next year though 😪

Last edited:
I'm not sure why it isn't grabbing me as much as it should
again, this for me... i'm happy to keep watching, its just missing some sort of zing. partly for me it might be its followed on from stranger things which did have a wow factor, im also wondering if netflix's "drop everything at once" approach is better than the disney week by week approach.

I can’t get away with the Mandalorian. I just couldn’t give a shit about either him or the baby yoda thing. *shrug*

I’m enjoying Obi Wan much more.
Ah you’re stronger than me… I knew he was knocked up by Disney merchandising dept but I still thought he was class.

I can’t abide Baby Leia so horses for courses I guess 😄

It's clear from the opening scenes of A New Hope that Leia and Vader are acquainted. He then interrogates her on the Death Star. He didn't work it out when she was an adult - why should he when she's a child? He simply has no idea.

There's plenty instances of two opponents not cancelling each other out. Obi-Wan and Anakin send each other fleeing on Mustafar.

They've shown Obi-Wan's powers to be diminished whilst Vader is still strong.

Amazed this needed pointing out on a Star Wars thread.
But now Vader knows Bail Organa or Leia has a connection to Kenobi (and probably the rebels as well) that's enough to bring him out of hiding, why? He was in the clone wars with Bail Organa and he apparently didn't think they had enough of a relationship to put Reva's plan into action but now he Knows. Vader would never just let them go about their lives after this.

This show is just a comedy at this point as pretty much every scene is either shockingly bad, canon breaking or ridiculously comedic. Episode 4 is up there with the worst TV I've ever seen.

Back