Obi-Wan Kenobi

Episode 4 out now. Never ceases to amaze me how utterly incompetent storm troopers are though

Tonight’s episode saw the most incompetent military performance by any collection of troops in this galaxy or one far, far away. A heavily armed and helmeted troop with back up was taken out with a single palm to the head by a woman 8 stone if a pound.

The emperor needs to get his house in order

Tonight’s episode saw the most incompetent military performance by any collection of troops in this galaxy or one far, far away. A heavily armed and helmeted troop with back up was taken out with a single palm to the head by a woman 8 stone if a pound.

I was thinking exactly the same. As cool as the Storm Troppers looked, they were f***ing useless and hit the target as often as Jozy Altidore

Their armour is totally useless as well, they might as well be wearing pyjamas 😀

Rewatched Revenge of the Sith last night for the first time in many years.

Theres a very good film in there just not executed quite right. If Lucas had hired a director it would have worked.

My only big gripe is Anakins transition to Vader is far too quick. Within 15 mins he finds out Palpatine is the Sith, grasses him up, stops Windu killing him because its “not the jedi way” then kills a load of kids. I think he should have found out much earlier, maybe even when he kills Dooku and carries that secret with him for the first hour, properly conflicted because he knows Palpatine can save Padme. Atleast that way he is tortured more before he makes his final decision.

I found the Anakin in the Clone Wars series a far more interesting (and better developed!) character than in the films. I actually started to like him, and understanding more of his relationship with Kenobi and Anakin’s padawan, Ahsoka Tano.

Why didn't the black lass just work out she was lying using her force stuff rather than asking to send her to interrogation, like she did with that non jedi jedi bloke.

Thought episode 4 was a bit pedestrian, predictable… didn’t see the post-escape thing coming a mile off. :rolleyes:

Think my enjoyment of this mini series has been effected by Netflix dropping the entirely beguiling series 4 of stranger things at the same time. This holds nothing of the excitement it should do for some reason.

We all burst out laughing at this, why do they wear armour when.it stops fuck all? They even drowned in it so it doesn't help them breathe. Just give them a smart navy blue uniform.

I really liked. Liked young Leia too, she’s supposed to be sassy and independent. It’s not like young Anakin who to me was just horrendously shit.

The thing I didn’t get is how they get the aging and timeline from McGregors looks in OWK to Alec Guiness in the next 7 years or whatever it is to A New Hope (and Leia as well actually).

Is it or do all the fight scenes and chases looked to almost be in slow motion or they forget to speed it up?

Also the CGI’s look pretty poor.

Rewatched Revenge of the Sith last night for the first time in many years.

Theres a very good film in there just not executed quite right. If Lucas had hired a director it would have worked.

My only big gripe is Anakins transition to Vader is far too quick. Within 15 mins he finds out Palpatine is the Sith, grasses him up, stops Windu killing him because its “not the jedi way” then kills a load of kids. I think he should have found out much earlier, maybe even when he kills Dooku and carries that secret with him for the first hour, properly conflicted because he knows Palpatine can save Padme. Atleast that way he is tortured more before he makes his final decision.
To be fair he does slaughter a village of Tuskens in Attack of the Clones.

The thing I didn’t get is how they get the aging and timeline from McGregors looks in OWK to Alec Guiness in the next 7 years or whatever it is to A New Hope (and Leia as well actually).
Tbf Guinness was only 63 in 1977 and McGregor is currently 51 so only 12 or 13 years difference between the actors.

I’ve give up after that fourth episode. Boring as sin. It doesn’t know whether it wants to cater to adults or children and attempts to do both, failing. Had high hopes for it as well.

Back