Oatcake not happy again (at us again)

He’s got a point tbf.

You can imagine the moaning on here if the same rules were applied to our away fans.

99% of away fans at the SOL are no bother.
Disagree heavily. Being one of those sat below it, theres an incident most games, or certainly was for a good period before the searches seem to have had some impact. Then yesterday, as below, we cancel the searches and there are 10 people chucked out. Basically justifies the clubs position entirely.

"Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for meeting with me today, it was good to speak with yourself and Zara at length to better understand the issues raised in relation to the Enhanced Search at the Stadium of Light.

As you know I withdrew the Enhanced Search shortly before going to turnstiles today.

Unfortunately a number of Stoke City supporters threw coins into the home supporters below them.

Following a review of CCTV one Stoke City supporter was arrested and a further ten were ejected for involvement in coin throwing.

As mentioned in our meeting we have implemented the Enhanced Search on a minority of matches, and up until today had not had any reports of missiles being thrown by away fans.

As an aside a further 8 Stoke City supporters were ejected for damaging seats.

I hope you both have a safe journey home, and I hope that you are able to introduce our discussions into the national bodies with whom you are engaged.

Best wishes and Regards
Steve"

And being over to a Stoke fan and being proven wrong is yet another reason Steve Neil needs the sack

Disagree heavily. Being one of those sat below it, theres an incident most games, or certainly was for a good period before the searches seem to have had some impact. Then yesterday, as below, we cancel the searches and there are 10 people chucked out. Basically justifies the clubs position entirely.

"Hi Malcolm,

Thank you for meeting with me today, it was good to speak with yourself and Zara at length to better understand the issues raised in relation to the Enhanced Search at the Stadium of Light.

As you know I withdrew the Enhanced Search shortly before going to turnstiles today.

Unfortunately a number of Stoke City supporters threw coins into the home supporters below them.

Following a review of CCTV one Stoke City supporter was arrested and a further ten were ejected for involvement in coin throwing.

As mentioned in our meeting we have implemented the Enhanced Search on a minority of matches, and up until today had not had any reports of missiles being thrown by away fans.

I hope you both have a safe journey home, and I hope that you are able to introduce our discussions into the national bodies with whom you are engaged.

Best wishes and Regards
Steve"

And being over to a Stoke fan and being proven wrong is yet another reason Steve Neil needs the sack
What a shame, few idiots spoil things for the majority.

Personally, I won’t be going to away games if it involves getting treated like a criminal, kettled / bubbled / filmed by police / searched / personal items confiscated / locked in for an hour after the game. Millwall away was the last straw for me and not going to boro next week for the same reasons. I’ve got better things to do with my time.

It’s alright when you’re a youngun but I can’t be bothered with the hassle.

What a shame, few idiots spoil things for the majority.

Personally, I won’t be going to away games if it involves getting treated like a criminal, kettled / bubbled / filmed by police / searched / personal items confiscated / locked in for an hour after the game. Millwall away was the last straw for me and not going to boro next week for the same reasons. I’ve got better things to do with my time.

It’s alright when you’re a youngun but I can’t be bothered with the hassle.
I agree mate and it's half the reason I don't go away too (along with working away meaning I don't have much time at home with the little one anyway) but until coked up wankers stop behaving like they're on a day out from the asylum it will continue. They can't grasp the potential consequences of "minor actions" - throwing down flares and such can have fatal consequences very easily.

"Hi Malcolm,

Best wishes and Regards
Steve"

Nice to see we can just be used as a social experiment to see if people who aren’t checked throw coins at our fans.

This wants raising on highest importance with the club. Safety officer removing procedures to suit a busybody fan and ten fans ejected around throwing things.

I took the decision to move from the north stand, where I’ve sat with family since stadium opened as I started to bring my 10 y/o daughter this season and didn’t want something landing on her head.

Putting fans at risk to prove a point in unacceptable from a man who heads up safety in the stadium.

Perhaps he should stop vaping and using money. He could live off the land for food and water and travel around using a helium balloon.
The absurdity of it all is not lost on you then!

What an idiot. I'd resign my position as an FSA rep and go into internet hiding

Hopefully SAFC will launch one of their now legendary immediate investigations into the matter

"Hi Malcolm,

Best wishes and Regards
Steve"

That just seems crazy, has he stopped the enhanced search to prove a point? Or have I misinterpreted this?

Nice to see we can just be used as a social experiment to see if people who aren’t checked throw coins at our fans.

This wants raising on highest importance with the club. Safety officer removing procedures to suit a busybody fan and ten fans ejected around throwing things.

I took the decision to move from the north stand, where I’ve sat with family since stadium opened as I started to bring my 10 y/o daughter this season and didn’t want something landing on her head.

Putting fans at risk to prove a point in unacceptable from a man who heads up safety in the stadium.
Totally this

Having to move is shameful in itself

It won't even gain any attention beyond here is the sad thing

Who on earth he thought he was proving a point to is mental in itself

Clearly accountable to no one.

To accommodate the demands of a few away fans again

lots of fans complained about housing the away fans in the south stand behind the goal because for a significant number of the games the lack of away fans made the ground look half empty(empty seats behind goal) especially on the tele!short was not impressed the way the safc fans were treated at skunk park so instigated the move to north upper'
I personally dont mind where you put them except for behind the goal.....a south corner and part of east stand should be designated away section and daily sales only .This is never going to happen due to cost so until they are forced to do it the north upper they will stay!

Exactly. Yet no questions will be asked yet again. That bloke is a disgrace and will get someone killed
That just seems crazy, has he stopped the enhanced search to prove a point? Or have I misinterpreted this?
Seemingly done on request of some Stoke wanker fan who thinks he’s something special. Not sure why we’re even engaging with randomers from a fanbase tbh and not the club itself

I'm guessing the only reason they house away fans in the upper tier of that stand is an attempt to limit the atmosphere creating ability of the visiting fans,”

In a nutshell. Home clubs are not there to make the away supporters feel welcome. Furnish them with champagne, put the fire on and tend to their every whim.

We ought to be making life as hard as possible.
Unless there mags

I'm guessing the only reason they house away fans in the upper tier of that stand is an attempt to limit the atmosphere creating ability of the visiting fans,”

In a nutshell. Home clubs are not there to make the away supporters feel welcome. Furnish them with champagne, put the fire on and tend to their every whim.

We ought to be making life as hard as possible.
99% of away fans make no atmosphere at all tbh

Exactly. Yet no questions will be asked yet again. That bloke is a disgrace and will get someone killed

Seemingly done on request of some Stoke wanker fan who thinks he’s something special. Not sure why we’re even engaging with randomers from a fanbase tbh and not the club itself

If it was me running the club and you had any, even minor, affiliation with them bastards up the road, you wouldn’t get into the building, never mind be allowed to be in charge of something so important.

He’s an incompetent arsehole and he needs to go, but that is currently quite a long list.

Back