O’brien

Said it before the season started and on a different thread last week...
If hes a mainstay of this team we will make play offs at best.
Dreadful footballer, and hopefully a bench warmer at best when everyone is back fit.
Hopefully LJ sees it this way.
Mind Mcgeady was just as bad, stop trying to beat everybody, sometimes just try PASSING the fckn thing.

I think the supporting attacking 3 (him, Pritchard and Mcgeady) slow the game down too much in the final third (for a home game) and aren't direct enough.
Want more touches on the ball, want to check back, want to look for the perfect opening, rather than doing it quicker and more direct.

At home we need faster directness to break teams down
Exactly this. We really miss the mix in attacking players. O'Brien had a bad game yesterday but he's been ok with different types of players around him. Same can be said for McGeady at the start of the season v now.

Get some of the faster and more direct attacking players back in the team and these type of players will be better around them.

I do think in football terms his thought process is slow, which also slows down his reaction time. When he scored his hat trick, for each goal he had no time to think, and each goal was instinctive to a degree. I thought yesterday that he together with McGeady and to a lesser extent Pritchard monumentally slowed down our attack, leaving both Stewart and Cirkin isolated in attack and defence respectively. Defensively I thought McGeady should have been replaced by Gooch, who would have afforded some protection down the flank.

I do think in football terms his thought process is slow, which also slows down his reaction time. When he scored his hat trick, for each goal he had no time to think, and each goal was instinctive to a degree. I thought yesterday that he together with McGeady and to a lesser extent Pritchard monumentally slowed down our attack, leaving both Stewart and Cirkin isolated in attack and defence respectively. Defensively I thought McGeady should have been replaced by Gooch, who would have afforded some protection down the flank.
well put...however he's an old-fashioned forward who simply doesn't fit in todays modern multi-action game...he spends more time looking for spaces than he does wanting the ball..a luxury we can't afford!

Back