O’brien

Just watched the sky highlights.

When Neil played Winchester in and he played the ball across the goal O'Brien is just standing...he should have been busting a gut to get on the end of it.

He should have stopped the cross coming in for their goal as well.

Hopefully when Broadhead is fit he is nowhere near the first team.
spot on.

Overall he’s toilet. I’ve appreciated his effort recently but always been aware that his general ability is poor. He thinks he’s controlling the play, when he’s actually ruining any momentum and slowing everything down. Basic player who shouldn’t be playing for us, if we had a choice.

Too many touches during the game, slowed it down.

gave the keeper a chance with his effort on goal by putting it a good height for the keeper.

squad filler at best
He's f***ing shite. Summed up by that moment when he could have played a simple ball out wide to Neil who was unmarked and could have put in a cross, instead he tried to cross it himself and put it out for a goal kick.

We weren't playing that bad, we lost, it was just one of those things and there is no need to seek a scapegoat.
When you know that there’s one particular player who’s worse than all the rest, it is natural and logical to want him out of the team.

We’ve had people on here wanting O’Nien and McGeady out of the team after today. And both of them are better than AOB. He’s the weakest link in the team, and won’t be playing again once Gooch and Broadhead are fit.

His was one of a number of poor performances today. McGeady and Onien were worse.
Between McGeady, Pritchard and O’Brien, far too often they were trying to be too intricate, playing little two-yard passes when there just wasn’t the space to do it.
He’ll be needed this season, but when everyone’s fit, he’s not in the starting XI for me. He might even struggle to make the squad, like he was at the start of the season.
It’s still very early and we’ve had a good start, but it might be time for some bold decisions on players like Onien and McGeady. I love them both, but they’re struggling right now

Back