NUFC thread 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a 2005 sports drama film directed by Danny Cannon and starring Kuno Becker as Santiago Munez, a young man with a rough background who is offered the chance to trial with one of England's top football clubs.
A Mexican cook in Los Angeles, gets a chance to follow his dream of playing professional soccer. A talent scout with contacts in the United Kingdom spots him and offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance: If he can find a way to England, he can try out for the Newcastle United team. Gavin Harris, a star player, takes young Santiago under his wing and helps him prove himself to his disbelieving father.

The reviews went something like:

The script is about as solid as a penalty kick with a deflated ball.

Everything here is beyond predictable

... loses points for its disjointed script and fumbled field photography.

There isn't one three-dimensional character or convincing line of dialogue, and the plot is simple-minded to the point of imbecility. (my personal favourite!!!)

Goal! is filled with cringe-inducing scenes we've seen before many, many times.

a script so outrageously generic you could buy it at Costco

At the end ... you'll be buried by that big ball of cliches, wondering how the movie squandered its potential, its viewers' faith in the story, and all of its credibility.

By the final whistle you end up feeling as battered by the banalities as some of the on-screen players are by the nasty hits they endure on the field.

There are more reviews but I think you get the idea!!!
Jesus, it's an absolutely awful film. Fairly sure they made a sequel as well where he signs for Madrid haha.
Bruce will have them 10th next season
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

What comes to mind when they go on and on and on and on about pif

Veruca Salt is a greedy, demanding, spoiled brat and one of the four main antagonists of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. She demands every single thing she requests and is the second person to find a Golden Ticket

Showing her wealthy parents no mercy and no regard for other people's property, Veruca frequently pesters them to purchase a variety of different things for her.....,

I'd rather move past it. I clearly irked you with it, so I apologise.

I came here for a bit of crack about the footy and found the SMB section nice when I missed home. I didn't see any benefit in hiding who my team are either. At the same time, you're clearly not reading my posts and just getting angry as you think I'm American (I left home less than 5 year ago) :lol:.

But genuinely, if you're indicative of the rest and would far rather I fuck off out the place then I'll do that. I don't mind a bit of back and forth, playful banter, but it's clear there's a bit more to it than that and life's about smiles.
You've been in the States less than 5 years, so arrived at least 10 years after the film flopped, and have come across people who want to talk about "Goal" because it meant something to them?
Really?
Is there a cult?

You've been in the States less than 5 years, so arrived at least 10 years after the film flopped, and have come across people who want to talk about "Goal" because it meant something to them?
Really?
Is there a cult?

Hes full of shit just another sad knacker pretending to be someone else again.
But genuinely, if you're indicative of the rest and would far rather I fuck off out the place then I'll do that.

Crack on see you soon with new username.

Last edited:
Really?
Is there a cult?
I didn't say random people man. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back