NUFC thread 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, it surprises me, but the number of Americans (mostly males) I speak to who know where I'm from or the team I support because of that film is undeniable. If you're into football chances are that's how you know us, not from Shearer or the 90s.
No fucker in America even knows who Newcastle are man.
I've been there on numerous occasions and when asked where I'm from I've said Sunderland.
"Where is that" they've asked.
Reluctantly "next to Newcastle" I've replied.
"Is that next to London"

The issue I have with this theory is that some of our debt is because of his actions. I could make the argument he didn't examine the books so any debt he inherited is his issue, but the club clearly needed the money so happy to satisfy that. He's then added another 30-40m on there due to relegations suffered through his bad decisions.

I hear a lot on here about how we should thank St Michael for putting his money into the club to get us up. He has loaned us that money, and the only reason he's done so in the first place is because it's in his best interest financially for us to be a Premier League club. We get more money, he gets more brand exposure. He can't be thanked for putting money in if he's also then going to take it out in a sale. As for interest, sure, he could charge interest, but it's already an unrealistic price at £300-350m so why make that fact even more ridiculous?

Ashley not only wants the money he put in at first (fine) he also wants someone to pay for his mistakes and present him a profit of between £60-100m. For what? We're not in a better position since he took over. Nothing has improved from an infrastructure set up. The ground looks like shit, the training ground is bordering on League One level.
I will put you back on ignore as you are a buffoon. Why should Mike Ashley take any less than the market value? You can stamp your feet as much as you wish but why should he? He has shown that with a high probability there are three worse teams than Newcastle each season and his asset can only rise in value. He is no doubt gutted that the TV rights have not gone up for auction as that would have increased the value with DAZN and Amazon lurking. The comparison with Burnley is flawed - 200m is the top of their value and they can only go backwards. Meanwhile 300m for Newcastle buys you potential. We can all see that there are always going to be three very poor teams and with a little investment NUFC could be top 10. A well known football expert valued them at 350m.

I will put you back on ignore as you are a buffoon. Why should Mike Ashley take any less than the market value? You can stamp your feet as much as you wish but why should he? He has shown that with a high probability there are three worse teams than Newcastle each season and his asset can only rise in value. He is no doubt gutted that the TV rights have not gone up for auction as that would have increased the value with DAZN and Amazon lurking. The comparison with Burnley is flawed - 200m is the top of their value and they can only go backwards. Meanwhile 300m for Newcastle buys you potential. We can all see that there are always going to be three very poor teams and with a little investment NUFC could be top 10. A well known football expert valued them at 350m.
I'm not stamping my feet (nor am I announcing who I'm putting on ignore like it matters). The origin of this discussion was 'No one but the Saudi's wants you'.

That is not true. They just don't wish to pay the fee demanded, so you can talk to as many experts as you want, the market dictates the value. That's also why I don't think we're worth that much, because you'll be spending X amount on us to fix a lot of things before you even start trying to unlock that potential. Why bother when - for arguments sake - you could buy a club in Red and White for £40m and have a lot of the infrastructure already in place? You could spend 50-60m in a strategic way and get promoted. I know that's easier said than done, but it doesn't change the fact you've been bought twice and we haven't.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to say but likely around that £2-250m mark. We have a greater resonance than Burnley due to the 90s and things like Goal and Alan Shearer, but £300m for a club that's been relegation threatened for over 10 years isn't feasible. We also have incredibly poor facilities. You can talk about the intangibles like 'size' but these buyers look at cost of upgrade too. If you wanted to get us to the level of most clubs off the pitch you're spending a few hundred million.
Goal 😂😂😂😂 kinell best thing i have seen on here in ages

absolute scenes

I'm not stamping my feet (nor am I announcing who I'm putting on ignore like it matters). The origin of this discussion was 'No one but the Saudi's wants you'.

That is not true. They just don't wish to pay the fee demanded, so you can talk to as many experts as you want, the market dictates the value. That's also why I don't think we're worth that much, because you'll be spending X amount on us to fix a lot of things before you even start trying to unlock that potential. Why bother when - for arguments sake - you could buy a club in Red and White for £40m and have a lot of the infrastructure already in place? You could spend 50-60m in a strategic way and get promoted. I know that's easier said than done, but it doesn't change the fact you've been bought twice and we haven't.
"You've been bought twice and we haven't"

That's because we're a big club who've fallen on hard times and you're a bunch of deluded arseholes.

I've lived in the states for over 20 years, been to every MLS ground, watched the lads on telly in every major city and not once, never, has anyone mentioned the movie "Goal".
We were always better supported than the mags here, due to our American and Hispanic connections, but have become less visible lately.........

It's hard to say but likely around that £2-250m mark. We have a greater resonance than Burnley due to the 90s and things like Goal and Alan Shearer, but £300m for a club that's been relegation threatened for over 10 years isn't feasible. We also have incredibly poor facilities. You can talk about the intangibles like 'size' but these buyers look at cost of upgrade too. If you wanted to get us to the level of most clubs off the pitch you're spending a few hundred million.
Goal?

You absolute clip.

what a set of wankers you must be?

Ones who have just been bought by a billionaire...

A one who doesn't hoy gays off roofs, lob peoples heads off or sent hit squads out to chop people up.

Never know some day you may be able to watch gays get thrown off the away end as long as get you Mbappe...

Ohh sorry investment in region isnt it... even though your "American" this forum apparently has a bad reputation but yet here you still are all day.

Bad reputation all the way in the states but yet you still register...

Do they not realise how stupid they look?

Absolute dribblers no wonder a laughing stock.
We're not in a better position since he took over.
Naaa you just not in massive debt and going to go bust due over spending and winning fuck all...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back