NUFC thread 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met a Mag on an appt outside Manchester (the usual club badge on his door 🙄) I couldn’t disguise the fact that I was a lads fan and he asked how could someone who was born in Northumberland be a Sunderland fan ?! I told him my granddad’s roots were in Co. Durham and he had to jump in with ‘there’s loads of Newcastle fans in Durham’ !!! When I pointed out surely that was the same scenario as him questioning people from Northumberland he couldn’t accept it ! Their arrogance and self importance is staggering

the delusion continues

Could be significant in terms of NUFC takeover but aside from that, it's quite a moment when it goes to geopolitics in the Middle East.

🤣

f***ing hell man what a set of absolute cretins lapping this shit up...

"It is a moment that few would have predicted a few short months ago but as the Gulf Crisis nears a positive conclusion, many across the globe will welcome a new dawn for relations between the two countries.

Newcastle United fans are particularly interested in the outcome of the Gulf Cooperation Council and are holding out that the re-opening of borders and the warm embrace on the runway in the desert city of Al-Ula can present their wish - the Public Investment Fund led takeover of their club.

The fact that many were glued to their smartphones watching as the pair greeted each other only goes to show the understandable desperation to see their club bought by a group willing to turn it into a top side.

Yet at the same time, the coverage of these developments between Saudi and Qatar from outlets in the Kingdom or global media such as the Press Association, perhaps only goes to show how small a deal to buy Newcastle United is when it comes to Saudi Arabia's strategy.

To people on Tyneside, such a deal is life-changing not only terms of the football club but potential investment within the city and region too - and while the Public Investment Fund, PCP and the Reuben Brothers have spent time and money putting together an ambitious plan for the club, the reality is that buying United bears no comparison to what these developments could bring for Saudi Arabia"

Big day for the Mags today. 90 minutes from Wembley after destroying Brentford. Only Spurs stand in the w....oh

We shud've been beating Spurs to get to Wembley with Sisserker scoring the winner, and Merhinho leading us on a lap of honour as our werld class manager..,funnily enough both teams tried to win tonight unlike the quarter final

Last edited:
We shud've been beating Spurs to get to Wembley with Sisserker scoring the winner, and Merhinho leading us on a lap of honour as our werld class manager..,funnily enough both teams tried to win tonight unlike the quarter final
The special one will be NUFC manager one day if Ashley ever leaves, he said he is a little magpie.

Still clinging on

So I assume that if the rift between the Saudis and Qatar is sorted, the murder of that journalist will be overturned and he will come back to life enabling the take over to go ahead?

Dead simple this journalist lark innit?

So I assume that if the rift between the Saudis and Qatar is sorted, the murder of that journalist will be overturned and he will come back to life enabling the take over to go ahead?

Dead simple this journalist lark innit?
Takeover collapse had nothing to do with the murder of the journalist and everything to do with piracy issues. Which is damning of the PL and FA.
Qatar and KSA reopening borders, allowing BEin to be broadcast in Saudi Arabia is huge news for that region. NUFC takeover is definitely the reason it's happening and we should all be very proud of ourselves.

Last edited:
A lot getting in a lather about the easing in tensions between Qatar and the Saudi’s. I see they’ve now admitted to the WHO that they didn’t stand in the way of the rampant piracy that’ll have cost the PL hundreds of millions in lost revenue.

This fact seems lost on our deluded friends who think that because they’ve admitted it was a fair cop they’ll suddenly be welcomed in to the fold to indulge in some flagrant and high profile sports washing. Money talks in the end but I wouldn’t be cracking open the cans yet..

A lot getting in a lather about the easing in tensions between Qatar and the Saudi’s. I see they’ve now admitted to the WHO that they didn’t stand in the way of the rampant piracy that’ll have cost the PL hundreds of millions in lost revenue.

This fact seems lost on our deluded friends who think that because they’ve admitted it was a fair cop they’ll suddenly be welcomed in to the fold to indulge in some flagrant and high profile sports washing. Money talks in the end but I wouldn’t be cracking open the cans yet..
That's the thing, money talks. Premier League would love the Saudi's money. Not sure if they would want to upset the elite clubs by introducing another club with a lot of money to throw around. Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd et al will likely prefer a closed shop and you can't blame them.

So many hurdles between this easing of tensions and a Newcastle takeover, chief among them is the fact that the Saudis may not actually want to buy a Premier League club any more, not least one that is still at risk of relegation. I'm not holding my breath, 80% sure it isn't happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back