NUFC July 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well that was quite the climb down, you said it with such authority too.

Ashley dishing out another 10,000 freebies this year? He's too good to you lot.
Did I?
Ashley has us financially stable, other than that, it’s his ambition to finish above 18th. Quite a drab time to support us tbh, survival is the name of the game.
He’s too good for our lot, or you love him for taking the Mickey out of the fans. Same as, the rest of the country hate Newcastle, or the rest of the country take no notice of us. Depends on who’s talking.

Did I?
Ashley has us financially stable, other than that, it’s his ambition to finish above 18th. Quite a drab time to support us tbh, survival is the name of the game.
He’s too good for our lot, or you love him for taking the Mickey out of the fans. Same as, the rest of the country hate Newcastle, or the rest of the country take no notice of us. Depends on who’s talking.
Well at least he has finally given you a manager who has taken the cups seriously in Bruce, after Benitez consistently going out in early rounds.

I like Ashley because he shows you up for what you are, the fact that you are all so desperate for the worst people on earth to take over just adds to it.

Well at least he has finally given you a manager who has taken the cups seriously in Bruce, after Benitez consistently going out in early rounds.

I like Ashley because he shows you up for what you are, the fact that you are all so desperate for the worst people on earth to take over just adds to it.
Yeah. Every Newcastle fan has the same views, haven’t they? Most won’t be happy unless they’re stoning folk in the Bigg Market.
Quote was "Always been in the top ten attendances in the country. " No conditions.
You’re canny strict you like :)

Yeah. Every Newcastle fan has the same views, haven’t they? Most won’t be happy unless they’re stoning folk in the Bigg Market.

You’re canny strict you like :)

vast majority of you hold the same rancid views on wanting these scumbags to takeover, you are correct there:

An incredible 14,000 Newcastle fans filled in our Steve Bruce survey and the results make it clear that there is an appetite for change in the dug-out - and serious fears about both the club's Premier League status and, in a new development, the fate of the proposed takeover.

The headline results are:

• 95% think Newcastle should make a change and part company with Steve Bruce (13,351)
  • 92% think Newcastle will get relegated with Bruce in charge - just 4% have confidence that he will keep the team up
  • But it is Mike Ashley who Newcastle fans blame for the current situation - with 53% blaming him for the club's predicament
  • And confidence in the takeover is draining too - 58% now think it WON'T happen while 41% think the legal efforts through arbitration are doomed to fail
  • But 83% of fans still want the PCP Capital Partners, Saudi-backed proposal to go through

vast majority of you hold the same rancid views on wanting these scumbags to takeover, you are correct there:

An incredible 14,000 Newcastle fans filled in our Steve Bruce survey and the results make it clear that there is an appetite for change in the dug-out - and serious fears about both the club's Premier League status and, in a new development, the fate of the proposed takeover.

• 95% think Newcastle should make a change and part company with Steve Bruce (13,351)
  • 92% think Newcastle will get relegated with Bruce in charge - just 4% have confidence that he will keep the team up
  • But it is Mike Ashley who Newcastle fans blame for the current situation - with 53% blaming him for the club's predicament
  • And confidence in the takeover is draining too - 58% now think it WON'T happen while 41% think the legal efforts through arbitration are doomed to fail
  • But 83% of fans still want the PCP Capital Partners, Saudi-backed proposal to go through
What actually is the predicament the club find themselves in?

Last time I checked they were a well run Premier league club.🤷‍♂️

83% of 14,000 mags have no shame.

Unbelievable on Twitter they’re moaning about the building work being done next to the Strawberry as ruining it, no mention that it is the Rueben Brother’s investment

Last season was luck more than judgement for the final couple of months, without Willock they would have been in the mire.

you cant call it luck….Bruce sussed out Willocks best position and used it great effect…the mags played pretty well those ladt few games and deservedly stopped up ( though it pains me to say so )

Unbelievable on Twitter they’re moaning about the building work being done next to the Strawberry as ruining it, no mention that it is the Rueben Brother’s investment

So now they don't want 'investment in the region' after all???

What type of 'investment in the region' were they expecting? Leaving aside the fact that there's absolutely nothing to suggest Staveley's mob had any plans whatsoever to invest in the region for a second - a lot of the investment from Man City's owners has taken the form of luxury flats that have impacted the local property market and pissed a lot of people off.

Always?

Let's pick a year 198081

Mags - 17350

Div one - Premier League 1980/1981 - Attendance

Not even in top 19.

"Always", like "always challenging", "always entertaining", "always in the Champions League".

Mag definition - "Always - it happened a few times"
Check out the 10,004 for the Oxford game in April 1991 and the packed terraces. You may think the video thumbnail is the few Oxford supporters scattered on the terraces but you'd be wrong as they're not jumping about at 40 secs when Oxford score ;):lol:

To be fair to the Mags they weren't in the top division that year?
Aye and there's no denying the crowds have been up there but many would sharp disappear if it goes to shit. Their worst season is 1977/78 when they were 13th highest average as the 7,986 crowd for their last home game (midweek and already relegated) didn't help.

They started the first 3 seasons of the 90s in the old 1st division, nearly getting relegated until King Kev came, the last 2 seasons in the prem they finished 13th both times, so they lit up the 90s for about 5 seasons by my reckoning.
Starting 1993/93 they finished 3rd, 6th, 2nd and 2nd so it was 4 good seasons. The last 3 seasons of the 90's they were 13th,13th and 11th. It wasn't until 2001/02 they finished 4th then 3rd and 5th. So 4 good seasons in the 90's then 3 early 2000's and single 7th in 2005/06 and 5th in 2007/08 is it. They've been no higher than 10th all the other seasons in the Premier League which is very much the norm before 1992 and since Ashley.

In the 14 seasons prior to 1992 they averaged 25th as they were only in the top division for 5 of them. Since they last won summit in 1955, they've finished top 10 just 7 times and 3 of those were in succession from 1967/68 with 4 other single seasons dotted about. I say top 10 but they finished in positions 8, 10, 9, 7, 9, 5 ,8 so it's more like lower top 10.

The delusion of grandeur some of them have due to their overspending and huge wages in the 90's has certainly ingrained into many them for life! :lol: (Hello Tw@tter RTG lurker)

Aye? Surprised at that. We were in the second division at the time.
Substitute always for, very much more often than not. 👍
"More often that not (Newcastle) have been in the top ten attendances in the country. You can knock our club for many things, crowds isn’t one of them though."

That's better. The rewriting of history winds me up no end. I vividly recall a caller on TS saying to Cundy how, before Ashley, they were in the CL every season. Cundy must have had a researcher checking as he latched onto this. Asked the caller how many years - "7 or 8" the response. We all know how many - it's 2 (+1 qualifier)

So now they don't want 'investment in the region' after all???

What type of 'investment in the region' were they expecting? Leaving aside the fact that there's absolutely nothing to suggest Staveley's mob had any plans whatsoever to invest in the region for a second - a lot of the investment from Man City's owners has taken the form of luxury flats that have impacted the local property market and pissed a lot of people off.
That point about Man City reminds of a comment I'm sure from a Mag along the lines of this is why the Reuben's wanted in so that the fans wouldn't be as 'pissed off' with the investment into the region. I may be wrong altogether on what I recall but I think it was in relation as to the question of why don't they just buy the club given they don't really need the Saudis financially.

Check out the 10,004 for the Oxford game in April 1991 and the packed terraces. You may think the video thumbnail is the few Oxford supporters scattered on the terraces but you'd be wrong as they're not jumping about at 40 secs when Oxford score ;):lol:

Aye and there's no denying the crowds have been up there but many would sharp disappear if it goes to shit. Their worst season is 1977/78 when they were 13th highest average as the 7,986 crowd for their last home game (midweek and already relegated) didn't help.

Starting 1993/93 they finished 3rd, 6th, 2nd and 2nd so it was 4 good seasons. The last 3 seasons of the 90's they were 13th,13th and 11th. It wasn't until 2001/02 they finished 4th then 3rd and 5th. So 4 good seasons in the 90's then 3 early 2000's and single 7th in 2005/06 and 5th in 2007/08 is it. They've been no higher than 10th all the other seasons in the Premier League which is very much the norm before 1992 and since Ashley.

In the 14 seasons prior to 1992 they averaged 25th as they were only in the top division for 5 of them. Since they last won summit in 1955, they've finished top 10 just 7 times and 3 of those were in succession from 1967/68 with 4 other single seasons dotted about. I say top 10 but they finished in positions 8, 10, 9, 7, 9, 5 ,8 so it's more like lower top 10.

The delusion of grandeur some of them have due to their overspending and huge wages in the 90's has certainly ingrained into many them for life! :lol: (Hello Tw@tter RTG lurker)
Like we've always said, deluded, 90% of the mags I know are like this.

Nailed it mate 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back