NUFC Gubbins Jan 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is with a boycott, Sunderland and every other club does it by not attending your clubs games if your not happy with the team or the way the clubs ran. That is showing discontent and telling the club that until things change you are not coming back.

Newcastle get the media attention because they jump up and down and tell the whole world they are not going to the games because they are complete and utter gobshites with a monumental size chip on thier shoulder

This isn't an organic abstaining from games due to poor performance, it's been a co-ordinated effort with a common reason behind it.

If it was like every other club, how do you explaining our average attendance actually going up after we were relegated?

The thing is with a boycott, Sunderland and every other club does it by not attending your clubs games if your not happy with the team or the way the clubs ran. That is showing discontent and telling the club that until things change you are not coming back.

Newcastle get the media attention because they jump up and down and tell the whole world they are not going to the games because they are complete and utter gobshites with a monumental size chip on thier shoulder

So we drag the media to the stadium? We have 8,000 who now don’t attend, the biggest it’s been for many many years, I’m not a one for the shop shouting protests, waste of f***ing time and the 100 or so who do it do it out of whatever .We certainly don’t have a chip on the shoulder, that’s quite bizarre.

I'm not trying to make a point. As I said I had a feeling that's what caused the drop in numbers and it had nothing to do with boycotting. I was gauging your opinion. It is possible to have an actual conversation on here now and again.

That's nonsense tbf, a lot (in my experience) are boycotting due to Rafa Benitez's contract not being renewed and him being replaced by another shill in the mould of Pardew, McClaren and Carver and the message it sends out with the future ambition of the club.

What do you think it's due to?

Last edited:
Bout an hour ago...was asked the question about the free season tickets, his answer 'yes its a bit embarrassing that during a period of boycott 1,000s of free season tickets are snapoed up, but there has been free tickets on offer to a club not a million miles away from Newcastle and they cannot even give them away for nothing'.

This fella is an absolute aresehole to the highest degree, hes really just confirmed that Newcastle fans have zero principle and dont understand how to boycott. What a vile man he is

Kinell the Mergs hev won the free tickets as well.....Fewmin....

Why are you so bothered about the opinion of one bloke? I'm reading this and its written like a 10 year old.

Get over it. They have fans who are tits, as do we.

Cause that's what the OP was about?

And to me what he has said sums up the shite we hear from the fans who are the vocal let's all laugh at the mackems more than support our team lot. Have to be getting a dig in even when it's not needed, will spin the current going on to make them look superior to us (we are shite cant give away tickets but if they couldnt would be a true show of the geordie spirit never surrender).

Now why are you coming on a post about Steve Wraith asking me why I'm talking about him. Surely better to skip the post all together if ya think he shouldn't be mentioned?

Last edited:
That's nonsense tbf, a lot (in my experience) are boycotting due to Rafa Benitez's contract not being renewed and him being replaced by another shill in the mould of Pardew, McClaren and Carver and the message it sends out with the future ambition of the club.

The bottom line is fans not turning up to watch the team and free tickets given away. For a mid table premier league side. What's clear is that Newcastle fans will never be able to throw that 'free ticket' 'not turning up' jibe at Sunderland fans again.

Last edited:
The bottom line is fans not turning up to watch the team and free tickets given away. For a mid table premier league side. What's clear is that Newcastle fans will never be able to throw that jibe at Sunderland fans again.

Meh, don't really care tbh. Both of our attendances are very good (bar the odd occasion) considering the lack of success both of us have had over the last 50 years.

I've already said that I think it's because Benitez went. Obviously that's just an opinion, but it would be interesting to see how many cancelled season tickets when Bruce was appointed. The lads I work with who are season ticket holders have always maintained the same attitude. They go because it's what they've done for years. They'll say why should the manager or owner of the club, whoever that is, get in their way of getting together and having a few beers and watch their team?

This isn't an organic abstaining from games due to poor performance, it's been a co-ordinated effort with a common reason behind it.

If it was like every other club, how do you explaining our average attendance actually going up after we were relegated?

Because of the free and cheap tickets you were giving away, I remember you got a ticket with a home top bought one season

Because of the free and cheap tickets you were giving away, I remember you got a ticket with a home top bought one season

Was within the last two seasons iirc. Everton rings a bell, or some other team that play in blue?

I can't remember another such initiative.

So we drag the media to the stadium? We have 8,000 who now don’t attend, the biggest it’s been for many many years, I’m not a one for the shop shouting protests, waste of f***ing time and the 100 or so who do it do it out of whatever .We certainly don’t have a chip on the shoulder, that’s quite bizarre.
How come the boycott didnt happen when the likes of Man u and Arsenal came up?

How come the boycott didnt happen when the likes of Man u and Arsenal came up?

Local Man Utd and Arsenal supporters buying some of the tickets up? Your point suggests that fans who have abstained returned for those games when in my experience that wasn't the case, just other people turned up to see a 'glamour club'.

Local Man Utd and Arsenal supporters buying some of the tickets up? Your point suggests that fans who have abstained returned for those games when in my experience that wasn't the case, just other people turned up to see a 'glamour club'.
Probably agree about people coming for the glamour club. I know a fair few who were boycotting but went to those games but didn't bother against the Brighton's

It wasn’t Steve Wraith it was Lee Ryder 😂😂

It's even more embarrassing that comment has came from a supposed professional journalist.

Confirms the Chronicle is nothing more than a fanzine for the deluded masses.

My Mrs (no) family are all B&W and even they think its cringeworthy and embarrassing as fuck handing out that many freebies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back