NUFC Gubbins Jan 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was watching SSN on Saturday and they went over to the mag game, surprise surprise in the background their fans were singing about us :lol: I was more surprised they were signing at all mind, it's usually silent.

Someone who gave the club a semblance of identity back (for albeit a limited period) after several years as a husk? Aye. What's your point?
I'm going to take a guess here but, I reckon most of this season's stay aways spat their dummy when Benitez left and Bruce came in? You've been pretty competitive, beaten some good sides tbf and the current manager is doing better than the previous one. As you've proved there's absolutely nothing wrong with going to support your team when things go well. Infact an increase in attendance is pretty much the norm at any club when things take an upturn.

Someone who gave the club a semblance of identity back (for albeit a limited period) after several years as a husk? Aye. What's your point?
Serious question, what about the fans who pay match by match ?
Surely giving 10000 away will hamper this type of fan for certain games ?

I'm going to take a guess here but, I reckon most of this season's stay aways spat their dummy when Benitez left and Bruce came in? You've been pretty competitive, beaten some good sides tbf and the current manager is doing better than the previous one. As you've proved there's absolutely nothing wrong with going to support your team when things go well. Infact an increase in attendance is pretty much the norm at any club when things take an upturn.

Correct, they did although I wouldn't use the term spat their dummy out.

I could show you a stat (PPG in 2019) that shows Bruce is worse than Benitez but you've got the season-to-date numbers so it's a bit of a pointless back and forth. Our results belie our actual performances in games where we've been mostly hopeless and carrying a significant amount of luck.

Regarding the attendances, they were actually down considering how much of an 'upturn' we have had (in your opinion). The fans who have abstained recently largely haven't returned (along with thousands of others from the last decade or so), they have just been replaced by other fans who weren't willing to cough up in the past. Probably mainly County Durham mags tbf.

Why are you putting so much currency into the opinions of Steve Wraith? He's a complete non-entity and a hopeless self-promoter.

I'm sure I said in my posts what he has just said and the way he would have spun it to have a sly dig at us never mind which way it went with the tickets is what we hear from most gobshite mags.

There was non need to bring us into it was talking about your fans and your boycott but I bet there are mags saying the same thing. "The mackems can't even give away tickets though" whilst being gutted that your fans are taken free tickets and breaking the boycott.

You won't see it though so happy new year and all that.

Serious question, what about the fans who pay match by match ?
Surely giving 10000 away will hamper this type of fan for certain games ?

Of course, the day-to-day wellbeing of the club isn't my concern at this point though.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the club have been contacted by the PL and their media partners and threatened with a reduction in TV appearances if the empty seats persist.
I'm sure I said in my posts what he has just said and the way he would have spun it to have a sly dig at us never mind which way it went with the tickets is what we hear from most gobshite mags.

There was non need to bring us into it was talking about your fans and your boycott but I bet there are mags saying the same thing. "The mackems can't even give away tickets though" whilst being gutted that your fans are taken free tickets and breaking the boycott.

You won't see it though so happy new year and all that.

Why even bring Sunderland into it?

Aye, happy new year.

Last edited:
Ask a Bury or Bolton fan about your plight and they'll say exactly the same thing. It's all relative.

The same how I sometimes scoff about the opinions of Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea fans who claim hard done by. Then I remember...
There are clubs who are worse off than us. That's true. What is also true is what you've experienced barely scratches the surface of what we've experienced. Certainly in recent times.

Correct, they did although I wouldn't use the term spat their dummy out.

I could show you a stat (PPG in 2019) that shows Bruce is worse than Benitez but you've got the season-to-date numbers so it's a bit of a pointless back and forth. Our results belie our actual performances in games where we've been mostly hopeless and carrying a significant amount of luck.

Regarding the attendances, they were actually down considering how much of an 'upturn' we have had (in your opinion). The fans who have abstained recently largely haven't returned (along with thousands of others from the last decade or so), they have just been replaced by other fans who weren't willing to cough up in the past. Probably mainly County Durham mags tbf.
So you agree that people stopped going because Benitez wasn't the manager anymore?

It’s the mag way, you have the piss taken out of you for something so you then have to bring Sunderland into it somehow.

I’ve been going for over 22 years now and I’ve never received a free ticket, bought various happy meals for the bairn and nowt.

Weirdos just can’t keep us out of their mind, bong eye is a sad excuse for a journalist who spends his time playing football manager trying to change the results.

There are clubs who are worse off than us. That's true. What is also true is what you've experienced barely scratches the surface of what we've experienced. Certainly in recent times.

That’s not our problem , what’s your point?
It’s the mag way, you have the piss taken out of you for something so you then have to bring Sunderland into it somehow.

I’ve been going for over 22 years now and I’ve never received a free ticket, bought various happy meals for the bairn and nowt.

Weirdos just can’t keep us out of their mind, bong eye is a sad excuse for a journalist who spends his time playing football manager trying to change the results.

It’s vice verse and don’t pretend it isn’t, always will be anarl, it’s called a rivalry ffs.

Last edited:
So you agree that people stopped going because Benitez wasn't the manager anymore?

Yes. Still not sure what your point is?

I've given you my personal opinion and it's more or less shared with some other Newcastle fans in my experience.

The thing is with a boycott, Sunderland and every other club does it by not attending your clubs games if your not happy with the team or the way the clubs ran. That is showing discontent and telling the club that until things change you are not coming back.

Newcastle get the media attention because they jump up and down and tell the whole world they are not going to the games because they are complete and utter gobshites with a monumental size chip on thier shoulder

But he is seems to be happy with the boycott now. He has just basically had a sly dig that SAFC cant even give away free tickets while talking about how its shit that the club have just filled the stadium with free tickets.

I dont care what you say if it was the other way around and we had given away 10000 free tickets and your lot couldn't give them away. He would be saying how great it is that free tickets couldnt break the boycott not like a club not a million miles away who chucked their principles in the bin when 10000 free tickets come out.

Do mags own the rights to boycotts or having enough of shite?

Wasn't asking for your opinion I was pointing out what the other posters point might have been.

Why are you so bothered about the opinion of one bloke? I'm reading this and its written like a 10 year old.

Get over it. They have fans who are tits, as do we.

Yes. Still not sure what your point is?

I've given you my personal opinion and it's more or less shared with some other Newcastle fans in my experience.
I'm not trying to make a point. As I said I had a feeling that's what caused the drop in numbers and it had nothing to do with boycotting. I was gauging your opinion. It is possible to have an actual conversation on here now and again.

Soft as shite bellend who knows the krays also uses his Newcastle hooligans mates to be security for gigs,

also writes shite books and is wanting to be an actor.
Full on bell end sure even the mags hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back