NUFC/Sportwashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the craic of that Newcastle’s case is that BeIn and other premier league clubs lobbied the premier league and made them incorrectly apply their rules.

Premier league saying arbitration available to go as it was in July and they’d decide if PIF was separate to KSA.

Prem saying no competition case isn’t in question if arbitration states they’ve correctly applied their rules and then I’m guessing KSA are put through owner and director test. Which is what they’re trying to avoid.

Conspiracy apparently though lads

Just seen this. Isn't this why they walked away as tge could never prove it?

The court case today has shown they haven’t walked away and are waiting still. Newcastle have had credible offers for the club which have been confirmed by Ashley’s lawyers but he’s rejected them because he will get more money from the PIF deal.
What has proved they're still at the table?

The court case today has shown they haven’t walked away and are waiting still. Newcastle have had credible offers for the club which have been confirmed by Ashley’s lawyers but he’s rejected them because he will get more money from the PIF deal.
They walked away because it was taking too long and due to Covid

No, States like Saudi Arabia won’t deal with other states laws and governments, they feel it’s beneath them. The prem have threatened to throw Newcastle out of the competition now.
"The prem have threatened to throw Newcastle out of the competition now"

WTF is this true?

I must be swimming against that tide then.

Don't think today changed anything, really. The sticking points are still sticky. PIF/KSA separation still the crux of the issue and unless something changes on that front, I see nothing happening.

Ashley's got a great excuse to keep the purse strings taught in the next window, though.
Can’t believe I find myself agreeing with you again.

Only people of very limited intelligence could honestly believe that PIF and KSA are separate entities. It’s like me putting all my savings into an investment fund and then trying to claim Universal Credit on the basis that the investment fund has nothing to do with me as it’s managed by an account manager. The claimant officer would just laugh in my face.

That's not what I asked. Is the issue that made them walk away, i.e. they couldn't prove separation, still the issue. They may still be there in the background however if they can never prove this it'll never go ahead?

Is it? I thought it was for Compo. Its Ashley and the PL involved not the Saudis.
Yeah it’s for compo as well but it’s 80% to get the take over pushed through. That’s why they are having the arbitration in January. Saudi aren’t at the table because they are leaving it to Ashley because they don’t deal with other governing bodies because it is beneath them.
That's not what I asked. Is the issue that made them walk away, i.e. they couldn't prove separation, still the issue. They may still be there in the background however if they can never prove this it'll never go ahead?
Yeah I can’t see them proving it. City did the same thing but then city made a new company to show that it isn’t the state owning the club.

Steve Bruce is doing a good enough job of that himself haha. If Ashley sells without the EPL agreeing they will kick Newcastle out

They've done nowt but complain about them for years. I hope he does and they can join the Scottish League.
Yeah it’s for compo as well but it’s 80% to get the take over pushed through. That’s why they are having the arbitration in January. Saudi aren’t at the table because they are leaving it to Ashley because they don’t deal with other governing bodies because it is beneath them.

Yeah I can’t see them proving it. City did the same thing but then city made a new company to show that it isn’t the state owning the club.
But it's different. It's the City owner own money. pIF is funded by the state.

And yes that’s the issue. The prem have said today in court that if you prove that Saudi won’t be the main force in the day to day running of the club then they’ll approve the take over. They need to prove that Saudi/PIF won’t be running the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back