NUFC/Sportwashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they even entertain this when there’s no evidence the former potential buyer is even interested, given they’ve stated they aren’t? Mind it is the Saudis. They aren’t exactly world renowned as being trustworthy.
Just been said in court that the Saudis won’t wait forever and hope to go forward with similar terms with PIF. Stating that the Saudis are in the background waiting to see what’s what. But they have pulled out of the deal to buy Newcastle

They said - SJHL QC says the Premier League should "come to its senses and reverse the decision", but there is no guarantee PIF will come back to the table to buy NUFC on the same terms. NUFC is being "kept out of its money"

seems like PIF aren’t at the table at the minute

contrary to how you interpreted it earlier.

Mate you're just giving your opinion as fact. There has not been one thing from the suadis regarding the take over since they put a statement out last summer.
The Saudis won’t be interested now. The mags have rather stupidly done as much as possible to keep this public. Now there’s more scrutiny over it and the last thing any gulf state wants is scrutiny.

I'm not being funny here mate but there must be a reason why they can't or won't. Surely if that would solve it why haven't they done it? More than meets the eye with these dodgy gets like
Don’t get more dodgy governments than the Saudis
contrary to how you interpreted it earlier.
Yeah I’m going on what I think I know and what’s being said in the court case. They said Saudis aren’t at the table then it was said they’re waiting to see if they’ll get approved and if they do they’ll come back in for Newcastle
The Saudis won’t be interested now. The mags have rather stupidly done as much as possible to keep this public. Now there’s more scrutiny over it and the last thing any gulf state wants is scrutiny.
I think the Saudis will know by January that they have no chance of taking over Newcastle and then they’ll take a massive stake in inter Milan

Last edited:
Tactics from Jowell & Di Marco seems to be either A) Reconsider your stance of the takeover and allow it to proceed without arbitration or B) Allow it to go to arbitration but run the risk of even further charges for loss of earnings.

They seem to be pushing the PL into a corner, yet the PL's defence is that the PIF have refused to take the test.

Either the Mags lawyers have got some tricks up their sleeves once arbitration hits or they are trying to double bluff.

Just been said in court that the Saudis won’t wait forever and hope to go forward with similar terms with PIF. Stating that the Saudis are in the background waiting to see what’s what. But they have pulled out of the deal to buy Newcastle
Unless they change their approach they won’t get the deal. The premier league won’t have it. They’ve stuck to their own rules. The same rules the mags agreed to before they were implemented. The Saudis would have to make fundamental changes to their bid. There’s enough princes to cobble something together between them in order to keep the PIF out of it altogether. Trouble with that is it’s hard to get a consensus on the smell of shite from them. The Saudi royals make the borgias look like a normal well balanced benign family. And even after all that we’d have to assume they are still arsed at all. The mags may be a big fish in Newcastle but to the Saudis they are nothing but a means to an end, and there’s plenty of those elsewhwere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t get more dodgy governments than the Saudis

Yeah I’m going on what I think I know and what’s being said in the court case. They said Saudis aren’t at the table then it was said they’re waiting to see if they’ll get approved and if they do they’ll come back in for Newcastle

I think the Saudis will know by January that they have no chance of taking over Newcastle and then they’ll take a massive stake in inter Milan
Your 2nd reply. Isn't it funny how Staveley has not confirmed they are still interested? Do you think they have literally fucked off and she's hoping if there is a deal to be done she can persuade them back? Or that's what she hopes. She stands to lose a fortune otherwise

It's not happening mag get over it ffs
Fuck off ive stated more than once that it won’t happen?
Your 2nd reply. Isn't it funny how Staveley has not confirmed they are still interested? Do you think they have literally fucked off and she's hoping if there is a deal to be done she can persuade them back? Or that's what she hopes. She stands to lose a fortune otherwise
Yeah I do. Staveley wants to own a prem club and she knows this is her only chance, she can’t afford it herself.

Unless they change their approach they won’t get the deal. The premier league won’t have it. They’ve stuck to their own rules. The same rules the mags agreed to before they were implemented. The Saudis would have to make fundamental changes to their bid. There’s enough princes to cobble something together between them in order to keep the PIF out of it altogether. Trouble with that is it’s hard to get a consensus on the smell of shite from them. The Saudi royals make the borgias look like a normal well balanced benign family. And even after all that we’d have to assume they are still arsed at all. The mags may be a big fish in Newcastle but to the Saudis they are nothing but a means to an end, and there’s plenty of those elsewhwere.
Saudis can buy any team they want and spend more than any other owner. They’ll go for inter Milan or someone who won’t need billions to make world beaters. I do think the prem went behind the back of Newcastle and wrongly involved BeIn and the top 6 in the process. The top 6 don’t want another power house, whether it’d be Newcastle, Villa or Sunderland. Fucks the other 14 teams over

Having been involved in business with Saudis I'm not surprised to see them publically distance themselves from it while still waiting in the wings. Its all smoke and mirrors.

Can’t believe I find myself agreeing with you again.

Only people of very limited intelligence could honestly believe that PIF and KSA are separate entities. It’s like me putting all my savings into an investment fund and then trying to claim Universal Credit on the basis that the investment fund has nothing to do with me as it’s managed by an account manager. The claimant officer would just laugh in my face.
Thing is, we know they're the same, they know they're the same, but legally they may be able to be proven as distinct entities. It's patently ridiculous, but the law is an ass.

Saudis can buy any team they want and spend more than any other owner. They’ll go for inter Milan or someone who won’t need billions to make world beaters. I do think the prem went behind the back of Newcastle and wrongly involved BeIn and the top 6 in the process. The top 6 don’t want another power house, whether it’d be Newcastle, Villa or Sunderland. Fucks the other 14 teams over
The Premier league would love a big 7 rather than a big 6, I'm sure they'd love Messi, Neymar and Mbappe associated with their brand.
Maybe they just don't want murdering terrorists associated with it.

The Premier league would love a big 7 rather than a big 6, I'm sure they'd love Messi, Neymar and Mbappe associated with their brand.
Maybe they just don't want murdering terrorists associated with it.
Premier League don't want to sour relationships with their existing broadcast partner, nor the established elite clubs in England. They couldn't even risk properly sanctioning the English teams that wanted to devalue the league by joining the ESL.

Realistically, the PL want to know who's going to own the club and the Saudis don't want to sit the O&D test (or at least MBS isn't doing it), so it's an impasse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back