Notts Poaching Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Jennings' dad was touting him around the county circuit. He went for a trial at Northants and wasn't picked up then his dad gave Geoff Cook a call and the rest as they say is history.
Not quite history he signed an academy contract with Durham and then had to be de registered when he decided to captain South Africa U19s on their your of England.

Not quite history he signed an academy contract with Durham and then had to be de registered when he decided to captain South Africa U19s on their your of England.
Not quite right.
Jennings was classed as overseas in 2011, whilst playing in NEPL for the Academy.
When he left to captain South Africa U19's, Durham Academy wanted to play Peter Chase, from Ireland, also overseas. Cannot have 2 overseas in NEPL so Jennings was de-registered.

Not quite right.
Jennings was classed as overseas in 2011, whilst playing in NEPL for the Academy.
When he left to captain South Africa U19's, Durham Academy wanted to play Peter Chase, from Ireland, also overseas. Cannot have 2 overseas in NEPL so Jennings was de-registered.
An academy side playing overseas players, can't think why the game is going down the drain in this country.

The crazy thing is that there is no overarching definition of an "overseas" player.
ECB would allow Jennings(on the back of a UK passport) and Chase(on the back of an EU passport) to play for Durham, and not be classed as "overseas".
In the ECB Premier leagues, they would both have played as "overseas". Jennings fulfilled the 4yr residency qualification and then "qualified" to play for England.
Michael Richardson, I believe, played, initially on a EU passport(German, through his mother) but now because of the time he has lived here and made his home here he now has a UK passport.
You cannot make this up !

I know the year Stockton won the league they played 2 Durham players Jamie Harrison and Jennings but Keaton was classed as their overseas even though he played for Durham as an Englishman. Madness but it peed off Chester and South North.

The crazy thing is that there is no overarching definition of an "overseas" player.
ECB would allow Jennings(on the back of a UK passport) and Chase(on the back of an EU passport) to play for Durham, and not be classed as "overseas".
In the ECB Premier leagues, they would both have played as "overseas". Jennings fulfilled the 4yr residency qualification and then "qualified" to play for England.
Michael Richardson, I believe, played, initially on a EU passport(German, through his mother) but now because of the time he has lived here and made his home here he now has a UK passport.
You cannot make this up !
Chase played because he was an Irish contract player and the ECB allowed Irish players full access in order to promote cricket in Ireland. In law an Irish person has full rights in the UK as a British person (true even after Brexit) but that's by the by. However, since Ireland has received Test status that dispensation has disappeared and that's the reason McCarthy will be leaving - he can only play in England as an overseas and he's not considered good enough when measured against South Africans/Aussies/Pakistanis etc etc.

To be honest, it’s easy to understand Jennings logic, he wanted Division One cricket this season, he’s also played for England all summer - so there is your answer regarding his situation.

On Coughlin, he was obviously tapped up by the then England selector Mick Newell, no doubt made promises about how favourable he’d be looked upon it he signed for Newell’s team.

I don't, he will probs be playing 2nd div cricket next year, its short termism. He got called up while playing for durham initially too

I don't, he will probs be playing 2nd div cricket next year, its short termism. He got called up while playing for durham initially too
Keaton iam afraid was only here for a visit. If you are prepared to turn away from representing the country if your birth and where you where raised and watched your father play for that country then swapping counties is no big deal.

I know that, I’m not defending him, but his second call up came off the back of a great start to the season for Lancashire.

From his point of view of looking after his ow interests he was faced with the question of either playing Division One cricket in 2018 or Divisions Two. I’m sure he and Lancashire intended to launch an assault on the title, not relegation.

Whatever happened to Jamie Harrison?

Good left arm swing bowler (they used to be f***ing dynamite in the 90s btw... illot, brown were top wicket takers most seasons) and a decent lower order bat.

Came across as a bit of a geordie shore wannabee the way Jordan Clark and them do so didnt shock me that he seemed to go off the rails?

Whatever happened to Jamie Harrison?

Good left arm swing bowler (they used to be f***ing dynamite in the 90s btw... illot, brown were top wicket takers most seasons) and a decent lower order bat.

Came across as a bit of a geordie shore wannabee the way Jordan Clark and them do so didnt shock me that he seemed to go off the rails?
Playing for Stockton.

Joe Clarke signing confirmed :lol:
f***ing hell

Interesting that on the Worcester twitter feed Kohler Cadmore has refuted the money argument and posted this

I left to try and increase my chances of playing for England, I felt playing at a big test ground with a proven recent history of producing England cricketers would only improve me as a player. I believe it has greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back