Notts Poaching Again

Incredible how many young talents have left the struggling counties for the half a dozen big counties already and the season is not even over. I see Gleeson from Northants is already playing for Lancs, they didn't even try and keep him till the end of the season the same with Duckett.

Incredible how many young talents have left the struggling counties for the half a dozen big counties already and the season is not even over. I see Gleeson from Northants is already playing for Lancs, they didn't even try and keep him till the end of the season the same with Duckett.

I think it’s worrying for the greater game - Notts especially seem to sign a lot of players who will never play much of a role for them. I worry that will happen to Coughlin in the long term, then what?

How many games has he played for them this season?

To be fair he missed the majority of the season after suffering a very nasty shoulder injury on Lions duty. Was out until mid-July, and even then I think he’s been playing as a batsman only in his few 2nd team games

Now poised to sign Joe Clarke.

Vultures :lol:

Mind, with all these players coming in, SURELY Beefy will be looking to who they’ll be getting rid of.

Wessels anyone?!

It’s a disgrace the system

Players can move on but the so called counties are getting virtually no compensation

How can that be allowed?

Where’s the reward for developing your own players?

I also don’t get the logic of the players

What’s the logic of Jennings and coughlin moving? One will be playing in the 2nd div next year. How’s it improving their chances of playing for England?

I also don’t get the logic of the players

What’s the logic of Jennings and coughlin moving? One will be playing in the 2nd div next year. How’s it improving their chances of playing for England?

To be honest, it’s easy to understand Jennings logic, he wanted Division One cricket this season, he’s also played for England all summer - so there is your answer regarding his situation.

On Coughlin, he was obviously tapped up by the then England selector Mick Newell, no doubt made promises about how favourable he’d be looked upon it he signed for Newell’s team.

Not really. Jennings' dad was touting him around the county circuit. He went for a trial at Northants and wasn't picked up then his dad gave Geoff Cook a call and the rest as they say is history.

Back