Notice period

I’m working mine now before starting with my nee firm in July. Pain in the arse though as I don’t feel invested in my work because I’m off soon. Might just go up the pub with the laptop and sit in the beer garden. Too sunny to work too hard today.
Changed jobs in March and the last month was a waste of time. I made some effort for the first 2 weeks but the last 2 I barely even went in.
I stayed with the same company but different department and location, so had to at least reply to emails etc

I was forced to work a Saturday during mine for a new finance system going in. It was my birthday weekend as well. Didn’t want to let them down, and it was implied I could finish an extra day early if I worked it. That was taken back because my contract said that my hours of work were “the hours required to do the job”.

I knew at that point I’d made the right decision.

I was forced to work a Saturday during mine for a new finance system going in. It was my birthday weekend as well. Didn’t want to let them down, and it was implied I could finish an extra day early if I worked it. That was taken back because my contract said that my hours of work were “the hours required to do the job”.

I knew at that point I’d made the right decision.
The last lad to hand his notice in at my place was told he had to work all the way until the end of the weekend. He just told them it’s a 40 hour a week contract so just worked up until the 40 hour point and then just walked out. He was a department manager so just worked long hours for 3 days then left

I’m working mine now before starting with my nee firm in July. Pain in the arse though as I don’t feel invested in my work because I’m off soon. Might just go up the pub with the laptop and sit in the beer garden. Too sunny to work too hard today.
Think you need some gardening leave

Real jobs get paid weakly so just grab the pay packet and walk off the job.

Excellent typo (or intentional?) Bob.

Aren’t you a recruiter? Dee nowt anyway.

Good plan. Few years back I was effectively on gardening leave from a role - was leaving at end of Dec and PM took all my work off me early Dec. After ricking up at 10am and leaving at 1pm a few times I was told to come in and do 8 hours or stay at home. Guess what I chose? :lol:

Shame it wasn't June/July

Don’t burn your bridges mate - you never know when you bump into former colleagues in another situation.

Dig in , graft and leave with your head held high and reputation intact.

My wife, who was a manager before she stopped working to have kids, has always told my two daughters this almost to the word, says it's what the most professional people do.

Don’t burn your bridges mate - you never know when you bump into former colleagues in another situation.

Absolutely this.

Was always told don't screw people over on the way up because you never know who you'll need on your way back down.

I disagree with all of this.

If you’re bored and hate it, take it easy and have a look down the pub. You only live once and chances are you’ll never see any of your working colleagues again. I’m sure if you’re pals and want to stay in touch with any of them they’d forgive you for running the clock down.

Back