Notice period

I disagree with all of this.

If you’re bored and hate it, take it easy and have a look down the pub. You only live once and chances are you’ll never see any of your working colleagues again. I’m sure if you’re pals and want to stay in touch with any of them they’d forgive you for running the clock down.
Fair enough mate , but I ve always held the belief if I m getting paid to do a job , I should do it to the best of my ability no matter the circumstances.

I ve done a lot of freebies for friends and CEOs - didn’t expect or want a penny , but the standard was just as high as if I was getting top dollar.

My last staff job went from a bad start to the worst position I've ever held.

The clueless and spineless ops manager was wrong about everything and loathed by everyone in his team.

I was second in command and tried to work with him and get him to understand his methods were old hat but eventually gave up after a year.

He then allowed himself to be bullied into putting me through a disciplinary despite me working my notice - the suspicion was that the director wanted to intimidate people into staying with the company (I know!) by showing what happened to those who leave.

I spoke to the HR doll (you definitely would) but she was only interested in mild to severe flirtation so I lifted something and 'injured my back'.

As well taking a ÂŁ10k injury payout I got to spend the remainder of my 3 months notice on gardening leave. The benefit was more than twofold as I used my extended leave and impending accident claim to manipulate and intimidate them into giving me a glowing reference

I've not worked staff again and probably never will - ultimately I actually felt sorry for their total lack of competence.

The company folded like a house of cards
18 months later

I’m working mine now before starting with my nee firm in July. Pain in the arse though as I don’t feel invested in my work because I’m off soon. Might just go up the pub with the laptop and sit in the beer garden. Too sunny to work too hard today.
Start your new job early, resulting in 2 pay packets

Easy done in these times of WFH
How much of this is actually true? I’d wager there being at least 5 porkies in that single post

The clueless and spineless ops manager was wrong about everything and loathed by everyone in his team.

I was second in command and tried to work with him and get him to understand his methods were old hat but eventually gave up after a year.

He then allowed himself to be bullied into putting me through a disciplinary despite me working my notice - the suspicion was that the director wanted to intimidate people into staying with the company (I know!) by showing what happened to those who leave.

I spoke to the HR doll (you definitely would) but she was only interested in mild to severe flirtation so I lifted something and 'injured my back'.

As well taking a ÂŁ10k injury payout I got to spend the remainder of my 3 months notice on gardening leave. The benefit was more than twofold as I used my extended leave and impending accident claim to manipulate and intimidate them into giving me a glowing reference

I've not worked staff again and probably never will - ultimately I actually felt sorry for their total lack of competence.

18 months later
How much of this is actually true? I’d wager there being at least 5 porkies in that single post

Last edited:
Start your new job early, resulting in 2 pay packets

Easy done in these times of WFH

You'll need to be specific if you're going to call me a liar.

Which don't you think are true smarty pants?

You'll need to be specific if you're going to call me a liar.

Which don't you think are true smarty pants?
Ops manager clueless, yet you were his deputy. Was he clueless in appointing you? Was he just better at his job than you hence why he was your boss?

He was bullied into disciplining you

You were disciplined for handing your notice in

The HR staff were flirting during serious professional discussions

Back injury and £10k payout - bragging about committing fraud on a public forum (No consequences I suppose if it’s not true)

I’m bored now though. Good story though

18 months later
:oops: :oops: :oops:
remind me not to get on your wrong side,wouldnt want you to manipulate and intimidate me

Last edited:
Ops manager clueless, yet you were his deputy. Was he clueless in appointing you? Was he just better at his job than you hence why he was your boss?

Back injury and £10k payout - bragging about committing fraud on a public forum (No consequences I suppose if it’s not true)

Logon or register to see this image

Now that is what I call tucked in

Probably wise to get this post deleted.

Not that I care, total shithouse thing to do.

Bored! You should be exhausted after that rant.

If you'd worked at a certain management level in corporate Britain you may have an understanding of the competence issues that prevail within some organisations.

I was employed to manage the team because the OM couldn't. It didn't work out.

With regard to his boss bullying him... he was a bona fide psycho who loved a 'yes man'. I did say the suspicion was that I was disciplined in pre-emptive move.

HR staff flirtation in that company was the norm as was the string of wrecked marriages and relationships.

I didn't mention any fraudulent medical claim, you did that. My case was settled with a legally binding agreement and payout (did I mention I also received treatment from a pilates based physio in Harley Street who bore a passing resemblance to Elle Macpherson).

You don't have to believe any of this but quite frankly I couldn't give a flying f+ck whether you do or don't.

Now bore off
:oops: :oops: :oops:
remind me not to get on your wrong side,wouldnt want you to manipulate and intimidate me
Spineless managers will do anything for quiet life, especially when their employer is useless and they can see the impending dole queue.
Probably wise to get this post deleted.

Not that I care, total shithouse thing to do.
And what, pray tell, are you blabbering on about?

Last edited:
Ok Walter
Bored! You should be exhausted after that rant.

If you'd worked at a certain management level in corporate Britain you may have an understanding of the competence issues that prevail within some organisations.

I was employed to manage the team because the OM couldn't. It didn't work out.

With regard to his boss bullying him... he was a bona fide psycho who loved a 'yes man'. I did say the suspicion was that I was disciplined in pre-emptive move.

HR staff flirtation in that company was the norm as was the string of wrecked marriages and relationships.

I didn't mention any fraudulent medical claim, you did that. My case was settled with a legally binding agreement and payout (did I mention I also received treatment from a pilates based physio in Harley Street who bore a passing resemblance to Elle Macpherson).

You don't have to believe any of this but quite frankly I couldn't give a flying f+ck whether you do or don't.

Now bore off

Spineless managers will do anything for quiet life, especially when their employer is useless and they can see the impending dole queue.

OK Walter

You've just admitted to feigning or purposefully inflicting a back injury in order to remove yourself from work and claim from the company. It's ever so slightly illegal.

I can't imagine there's many people called Chris in Leeds with a similar story.

If you did that I would insist you work full time in the office. If you didn't I would advise your new employer that any previous references will be withdrawn and a new one will be submitted detailing your behaviour during your notice period.

Last edited:
I disagree with all of this.

If you’re bored and hate it, take it easy and have a look down the pub. You only live once and chances are you’ll never see any of your working colleagues again. I’m sure if you’re pals and want to stay in touch with any of them they’d forgive you for running the clock down.

This. I walked out of an office job once as it was just awful, the management were absolute sociopaths and the organisation of the agency was all over the place. Id only been there three months like. I walked out and haven't regretted it since (about 8 years ago).

Back