Notes from Barnsley

hmm, who to believe, an independent observer with no direct axe to grind against either team or a sopping minge who's hoying his toys out the pram because his team couldn't beat the 'minnows' of burton?

from Sky Sports match report;

So you did fuck all in the first 15 and fuck all in the last 15. I'd be asking for my money back if I were you bud, on the basis you weren't "entertained" for the full 90.
That sir, is pure poetry....have a like.

We definitely missed him as any team would a player of his quality, he’s obviously a striker and his main attribute is scoring goals himself, but in games like last night he’s invaluable at creating goals for others, we have two brilliant midfielders in McGeehan and Mowatt for creating chances, but last night they only had one option, trying to pass to feet and into space for runners, Burton coped with that all day long, and they had nothing else to worry about, because that was the only option our midfield had without Moore, no-one else in our squad can do what he does as effectively.
You’d previously said you were a stronger team without him in it. I take it that’s not the case anymore?

You’d previously said you were a stronger team without him in it. I take it that’s not the case anymore?

He’s got his attributes obviously, he’s perfect for that bollox Burton turned up with yesterday, but away from home when teams play a bit we’re much more free flowing and look far better than having to play to his strengths, in case you’ve not noticed i f***ing hate negative football, and the style we play to play to his strengths is alway going to have me thinking we look a better side without him in it.

He’s got his attributes obviously, he’s perfect for that bollox Burton turned up with yesterday, but away from home when teams play a bit we’re much more free flowing and look far better than having to play to his strengths, in case you’ve not noticed i f***ing hate negative football, and the style we play to play to his strengths is alway going to have me thinking we look a better side without him in it.
I’m with you in regards to style of football. Results paper over the cracks with it. Don’t get promoted but play good stuff it can be forgiven more than not playing attractive football

What bollox from Burton? How dare they turn up.

Worra radgepacket you are man.
Take a chill pill.

WTF was you watching ?. Did Burton even have a meaningful shot ?. I know we was absolutely shocking last night, largely down to Burtons tactics, if I was a Burton fan I’d be absolutely disgusted by the way they set up having made the trip up to watch that, they got what the came for, but to suggest they could have won the game having only made it into our half, half a dozen times is ridiculous, in the first half Burton were fantastic at closing down putting pressure on us, but we continued to create chances and with the work rate BAFC were putting in it looked like just a matter of time before they tired and we took them to the cleaners, it was one of them game had we scored the floodgates would have opened, unfortunately Burton stuck to the task all night and we just never broke them down.

Old bloke near me summed Burton up perfectly, “these are best and worst side I’ve seen all season, brilliant at what they’re doing, but what they’re doing is awful”

Why do frustrated home fans always come out with that shite?  :lol::lol:
Burton fans will have been delighted to draw away to the team in second place.

There's a train of thought that Barnsley have 'come from nowhere' to be a few points ahead of Sunderland ...

... the reality is that last year, when Portsmouth beat us, they were only 4 points behind us.

Things can change quickly as Portsmouth found out .... having been 8 points clear of us at that time.

There's a train of thought that Barnsley have 'come from nowhere' to be a few points ahead of Sunderland ...

... the reality is that last year, when Portsmouth beat us, they were only 4 points behind us.

Things can change quickly as Portsmouth found out .... having been 8 points clear of us at that time.

Exactly this. February is very early to be so cock sure.

Exactly this. February is very early to be so cock sure.

It’s very early to start shitting bricks too, we’ve not lost since the 8th of December, it’s inevitable we’ll lose at some point, but when we do, having seen us play all season I’ll be confident that we’re capable of going on another two month unbeaten run, because we’re capable of it, we’ve just proven it. But on the other hand you lot on here will be absolutely buzzing, hoping and believing we’ll fall away, it does happen Portsmouth have shown that already, Football is unpredictable, we all know that, theirs still hope of promotion for both of us, but we all know it’s the hope that kills ya.

It’s very early to start shitting bricks too, we’ve not lost since the 8th of December, it’s inevitable we’ll lose at some point, but when we do, having seen us play all season I’ll be confident that we’re capable of going on another two month unbeaten run, because we’re capable of it, we’ve just proven it. But on the other hand you lot on here will be absolutely buzzing, hoping and believing we’ll fall away, it does happen Portsmouth have shown that already, Football is unpredictable, we all know that, theirs still hope of promotion for both of us, but we all know it’s the hope that kills ya.

What’s the latest on Keiffer Moore? There’s an interesting post on your message board suggesting there’s more to the injury as the club haven’t clarified exactly what the injury is. In a recent press conference your manager said because of his injury one of your other strikers will get the chance play there for the rest of the season.

Back