Notes from Barnsley

What’s the latest on Keiffer Moore? There’s an interesting post on your message board suggesting there’s more to the injury as the club haven’t clarified exactly what the injury is. In a recent press conference your manager said because of his injury one of your other strikers will get the chance play there for the rest of the season.
I know you weren’t asking me and I’m sure the other lad will answer anyway but the official line is that Moore can’t play tomorrow due to FA protocol and will be assessed when that period passes at the beginning of next week.

He’s apparently been in some form of training at least since a few days after the injury and all Stendel said was that this is an opportunity for the other striker, Bahre, to take his opportunity and stake his claim to play the rest of the season. As in in these two games that Moore misses he’ll be playing so to go out and play well so Moore doesn’t get back in next week.

I know you weren’t asking me and I’m sure the other lad will answer anyway but the official line is that Moore can’t play tomorrow due to FA protocol and will be assessed when that period passes at the beginning of next week.

He’s apparently been in some form of training at least since a few days after the injury and all Stendel said was that this is an opportunity for the other striker, Bahre, to take his opportunity and stake his claim to play the rest of the season. As in in these two games that Moore misses he’ll be playing so to go out and play well so Moore doesn’t get back in next week.

Well answered, couldn’t have put it better myself.

It’s very early to start shitting bricks too, we’ve not lost since the 8th of December, it’s inevitable we’ll lose at some point, but when we do, having seen us play all season I’ll be confident that we’re capable of going on another two month unbeaten run, because we’re capable of it, we’ve just proven it. But on the other hand you lot on here will be absolutely buzzing, hoping and believing we’ll fall away, it does happen Portsmouth have shown that already, Football is unpredictable, we all know that, theirs still hope of promotion for both of us, but we all know it’s the hope that kills ya.

We've only lost twice all season. A lot of football to play yet.

I am only going by what is being discussed on their forum. There's still a degree of uncertainty whether it's a fracture or not. I am sure the club would have mentioned if it was. As part of assessing the injury next week could that include a scan? It's been mentioned on their board he's not been seen at training this week. The injury is bound to have had an effect on him mentally. It must have been a scary moment. Will he be so keen as to jump for aerial challenges as previous? Max Power as an example he has become cautious to make challenges since his sending off and not the same player imo.

I am only going by what is being discussed on their forum. There's still a degree of uncertainty whether it's a fracture or not. I am sure the club would have mentioned if it was. As part of assessing the injury next week could that include a scan? It's been mentioned on their board he's not been seen at training this week. The injury is bound to have had an effect on him mentally. It must have been a scary moment. Will he be so keen as to jump for aerial challenges as previous? Max Power as an example he has become cautious to make challenges since his sending off and not the same player imo.
I guess it depends what the original scans showed as to whether they’d do more now this mandatory FA lay off has been served.

I just read their board and I just think a few of their fans are just flapping a bit and it doesn’t seem to be based on much to me. For example they’re asking why there’s no pictures of him at training and someone’s pointed out there’s no pictures of any of their players training. They’ve asked why the club haven’t said anything about the injury but someone pointed out the assistant manager has pretty much said exactly what’s going on.

1.b. Exploited wonderfully by Burton fans who have chants specifically designed to shame quiet grounds. Their loudest chant Always ends after 2 rounds, then you listen to how quiet the ground is when you stop dead then all go SHHHH. Love owt like that, me.

Were Barnsley fans taking the piss out of Burton before the Burton fans started chanting these songs? I'm not generally a fan of fans taking the piss out of other fans unless it's merited. Concentrate on your own team ffs.

Each to their own though.

They’ve nowt to play for, not even trying to give their fans something to cheer after making the trip up on a Tuesday night is a disgrace in my opinion, I could understand it if they were in relegation zone or even Luton’s position but where they are in the league table it’s taking piss out of the people paying their wages.

Sounds like they had a solid performance and a point to cheer.

Not sure you were actually at the game as you claim after reading that, I mean why would you be unless your obsessed?

Last night was yet another example of teams coming to take a point with no ambitions of scoring, weve suffered this a lot this season, which gives the rest of you a bit of an advantage. However we dominated the ball and a goal would have seen 3 or 4 more follow. Not sure if your gaffer will follow suit to merely stop us but it could be your best bet.

A mid term entry for post of the season :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Were Barnsley fans taking the piss out of Burton before the Burton fans started chanting these songs? I'm not generally a fan of fans taking the piss out of other fans unless it's merited. Concentrate on your own team ffs.

Each to their own though.

Nope.

That's the whole point though, it was awkwardly merited. We expected when we quietened down to hear you, but once the ~50 of us singing calmed down, you could hear a pin drop.

At one point the ref fucked up, I shouted 'bollocks', and I heard my echo come back from the other end. That's genuinely unique for me in ~25 years watching football. (Admittedly the awesome shape of your stadium will have helped).

You didn't make any noise before the game, or when the game kicked off, and because Burton dominated the first quarter of an hour, and you never really came close to controlling the game, you were quiet as fuck for the rest, too.

If you'd have found something to take the piss out of, that could have been nice; a lot of local teams easily find some fun from the fact they're playing Burton, who are only on about their 9th season in the entire EFL.

I've nothing against Barnsley, I live close and love the place, but Derby, Rotherham, Donny, they've made more noise in dead rubbers & friendlies than you did in an important game. I'm not gloating, it's depressing and I hope you fix it.

Nope.

That's the whole point though, it was awkwardly merited. We expected when we quietened down to hear you, but once the ~50 of us singing calmed down, you could hear a pin drop.

At one point the ref fucked up, I shouted 'bollocks', and I heard my echo come back from the other end. That's genuinely unique for me in ~25 years watching football. (Admittedly the awesome shape of your stadium will have helped).

You didn't make any noise before the game, or when the game kicked off, and because Burton dominated the first quarter of an hour, and you never really came close to controlling the game, you were quiet as fuck for the rest, too.

If you'd have found something to take the piss out of, that could have been nice; a lot of local teams easily find some fun from the fact they're playing Burton, who are only on about their 9th season in the entire EFL.

I've nothing against Barnsley, I live close and love the place, but Derby, Rotherham, Donny, they've made more noise in dead rubbers & friendlies than you did in an important game. I'm not gloating, it's depressing and I hope you fix it.

I'm not a Barnsley fan.

Not since Rodgers Swansea c.2012 have we had such an honour

Same shit different day.

"The notion that Brendan Rodgers would be a refreshing change from Claude Puel at Leicester City is laughable on at least one level. After all, just last Thursday Rodgers trumpeted Celtic’s elimination from the Europa League by Valencia as “one of the proudest moments I’ve had as a coach or a manager … we were so superior in the game … our shape was absolutely brilliant”.
Rodgers, who in the buildup to the 1-0 defeat had dismissed suggestions he needed to adapt his overly intricate approach to improve results against top European sides, praised vindication in defeat.

Claude Puel appeared out of sync with players and supporters at Leicester | Paul Doyle

Same shit different day.

"The notion that Brendan Rodgers would be a refreshing change from Claude Puel at Leicester City is laughable on at least one level. After all, just last Thursday Rodgers trumpeted Celtic’s elimination from the Europa League by Valencia as “one of the proudest moments I’ve had as a coach or a manager … we were so superior in the game … our shape was absolutely brilliant”.
Rodgers, who in the buildup to the 1-0 defeat had dismissed suggestions he needed to adapt his overly intricate approach to improve results against top European sides, praised vindication in defeat.

Claude Puel appeared out of sync with players and supporters at Leicester | Paul Doyle
:lol: great thing about playing against him is everyone's happy!

Back