Not letting a car cut in

Today I was driving and 2 lanes cut down to one for a bus stop and a driver in the shortened lane to my left sped cut in in front of me, absolutely would not stop.. doesn't really give me road rage but I'm going to let my old banger die and get a new one soon so wondered if I had refused to let them in and they went into my car could I be held responsible in any way?

This is central London in rush hour so not high speed crazy impact... no risk to life or limb
Don't talk about @Cow like that.

That isn't my point... I don't get radgy when driving and always let people in and hold back to let cars through in narrow passes
It would be his fault if he forced his way in
But you fall into the grey zone of what happened when ,did he indicate etc
That's why dash cams pay for themselves .

It would be his fault if he forced his way in
But you fall into the grey zone of what happened when ,did he indicate etc
That's why dash cams pay for themselves .
They did indicate but were never in front of me they just went straight in and I had to pull back or let them collide.

What’s annoying is you have right of way - he has to give way.
Most folk use a bit of common sense and let people in …. It’s the fact they force their way in that’s annoying.
He’s the idiot not you and I believe he has a very small penis.

I was driving in the inside lane going past the Barnes Hotel into the city centre and was overtaken by a MPV a bit further down where the two lanes merge and I had to slam the brakes on, swerve and nearly hit the cars parked up on the left - the car behind just managed to stop - I beeped the MPV and when I overtook him while he was waiting at the Thornholme turn-off he sort of did that Mussolini thing with his chin at me as I went by.

What’s annoying is you have right of way - he has to give way.
Most folk use a bit of common sense and let people in …. It’s the fact they force their way in that’s annoying.
He’s the idiot not you and I believe he has a very small penis.

it was a woman and she did that thing that really winds me up when I'm cycling and pedestrians just walk out into the road... she refused to look at me and was just looking straight ahead

that really boils my piss, in the pedestrians it is their way of forcing you to stop by not engaging so I got the loudest horn you can get and make it clear I will just hit them
in the usual manner of merging and just managing the traffic in London you make eye contact with other drivers and use hand or light signals to let eachother go or pass etc... she didn't even look at me when she was going to hit me so brazened her cutting in out

again, doesn't bother me, she gained a car length with a red traffic light 20 yards ahead and me turning left 10 yards ahead... just figured it would be easier than getting my car scrapped

I was driving in the inside lane going past the Barnes Hotel into the city centre and was overtaken by a MPV a bit further down where the two lanes merge and I had to slam the brakes on, swerve and nearly hit the cars parked up on the left - the car behind just managed to stop - I beeped the MPV and when I overtook him while he was waiting at the Thornholme turn-off he sort of did that Mussolini thing with his chin at me as I went by.
That strip is hard going mind
Everyone wants to be in everyone else's lane coming from 3 directions.
Being a biker I just expect the unexpected are that people will do what they shouldn't.

If someone is indicating all the way, I let them in.

If they don't indicate or do it at the last second they can F off, they're not getting in. If you can't be arsed to indicate, I can't be arsed to let you in.

I'm not making a split second decision because you're an bellend.

That strip is hard going mind
Everyone wants to be in everyone else's lane coming from 3 directions.
Being a biker I just expect the unexpected are that people will do what they shouldn't.
The worst bit is coming from Barnes Park Road direction and heading for Silksworth Lane. You have to grit your teeth and go for it at times to traverse 3 lanes in a very short stretch whilst everyone else wants to be across the opposite way.

That isn't my point... I don't get radgy when driving and always let people in and hold back to let cars through in narrow passes

My question was whether or not I could be held in anyway liable if the driver cutting in wrote my car off. I'm getting a new car soon.

They aggressively cut in in front of me rather than merging sensibly

I'm not bothered about that like i said i only really drive in London and them cutting in gained them a few inches... nothing to wind me up

I just figured if they went into my car I'd get it written off and it would go towards my new car

Aggressively cut in front of you at about 2 mph and you’re worried about your car getting written off ?

You worry too much .

Saw a stinker at the weekend. 3 lane approach to the blackwall tunnel(50mph limit) , 2 lane slip road which was backed up to the end of the slip road in both lanes. Lad came flying down and tried to merge at the hatching. Other car wouldn't let him in so he was stationary on the main carriageway. You know what happened next..... Bam.

Aggressively cut in front of you at about 2 mph and you’re worried about your car getting written off ?

You worry too much .

no I wanted my car written off which it would have been... a Tesco delivery truck thing took of my wing mirror once and they wrote the car off... I just drive an ancient Clio for getting about town

The worst bit is coming from Barnes Park Road direction and heading for Silksworth Lane. You have to grit your teeth and go for it at times to traverse 3 lanes in a very short stretch whilst everyone else wants to be across the opposite way.
And the drivers from silky who stop dead on a contraflow on the bend

Saw a stinker at the weekend. 3 lane approach to the blackwall tunnel(50mph limit) , 2 lane slip road which was backed up to the end of the slip road in both lanes. Lad came flying down and tried to merge at the hatching. Other car wouldn't let him in so he was stationary on the main carriageway. You know what happened next..... Bam.
I know that stretch of road, the lead up to tunnels are always a free for all

And the drivers from silky who stop dead on a contraflow on the bend
Yeah what’s that all about? It seems to be a more recent thing, I don’t recall people stopping there years ago - there aren’t any give way road markings there. On the flip side, it helps you get across from Barnes Park Road easier at it stops the traffic from one direction!

Today I was driving and 2 lanes cut down to one for a bus stop and a driver in the shortened lane to my left sped cut in in front of me, absolutely would not stop.. doesn't really give me road rage but I'm going to let my old banger die and get a new one soon so wondered if I had refused to let them in and they went into my car could I be held responsible in any way?

This is central London in rush hour so not high speed crazy impact... no risk to life or limb
To give the correct legal answer "it depends"

Yeah what’s that all about? It seems to be a more recent thing, I don’t recall people stopping there years ago - there aren’t any give way road markings there. On the flip side, it helps you get across from Barnes Park Road easier at it stops the traffic from one direction!
Just poor driving, they sit like a give way watching all the traffic coming down the hill before moving . Making the petrol station one way in and out would help too

Back