Not letting a car cut in

Right... so I'm in traffic they come up the empty lane that merges and they don't check their speed and are alongside me and just refuse to stop cutting in? So I have to stop and let them in or keep going and they go into me?

Of course I let them in but it just got me thinking it would be handy timing to get my car written off.
You have no obligation to let traffic merging from the left in . Would depend if he hit you or you hit him though I would have thought . If he's 9/10ths out and you hit him questions might be asked

You have no obligation to let traffic merging from the left in . Would depend if he hit you or you hit him though I would have thought . If he's 9/10ths out and you hit him questions might be asked
no I was in a slow moving lane of traffic and they slipped up the empty ending lane on the left and then just carried straight on to cut in front of me and were along side me for a fair whle as we slowly moved forward so they were only in front of me once they cut in and at no point before that, I was going straight so could not hit them

Yeah what’s that all about? It seems to be a more recent thing, I don’t recall people stopping there years ago - there aren’t any give way road markings there. On the flip side, it helps you get across from Barnes Park Road easier at it stops the traffic from one direction!

There's 2 solid lines when you come around the bend so you can't stray and if you can't move into the left lane further down, other than stopping you'd have to go round the Barnes Hotel again

You talk about drivers cutting in you talk about the worst possible way for this offence to happen. Filter lanes. There’s two on my way to work. One at the northern most end of King George Road with Sunderland Road outside Redhead Park near to South Tyneside College and one just further in the lead up to the end of Sunderland Road and over the other side of the roundabout at the top of the one way street known as Imery Street.

Both just provide people with the perfect opportunity to overtake the car in front and bask in the glory of being better than the other guy.

One time I was level with a guy in a Qasquai at the top of Imery Street at a level crossing and he was on my left in the filter lane and I was waiting for a person to cross the crossing. The moment the pedestrian stepped foot on the crossing on my side he was well away.

Another boy racer tried to overtake me on the roundabout leading up to the first of these filter lanes (the one by the park) and despite never getting ahead was desperate to and was prepared to even stray into a bus lane to do it but when he realised that he was in a bus lane gave up and fell in line behind me.

Filter lanes are a menace.

no I was in a slow moving lane of traffic and they slipped up the empty ending lane on the left and then just carried straight on to cut in front of me and were along side me for a fair whle as we slowly moved forward so they were only in front of me once they cut in and at no point before that, I was going straight so could not hit them
Was a very similar sounding nasty accident near Durham this morning

Was it you?

This is proper women behaviour . They see people cutting in, not letting people out as some personal crusade.

Our lass isn’t like that mind but I’d say every other women I’ve been in with is awful for it.

One place that gets a lot of cutting in is around the Wessington way, Stoney lane area as you go around then go over the Alex bridge. Loads of cars zooming along Wessington way then stay in right lane but at the last minute cut in to go over the bridge. Other version is cutting in to then go down Kier Hardy way. Best to just slow down so they can't get in.
That run up to the lights is just stupid. The left hand lane feeds 3 lanes, 1 up to Southwick, 1 to Keir Hardie Way and the other to Alex bridge. The right hand lane only feeds one lane which in effect is the lane to come back on yourself.

Why does the left lane not just feed Southwick & Keir Hardie and the right lane Alex Bridge and coming back on yourself. It would eradicate nearly all of the cutting in and actually ease the traffic as you would have more people using the right hand lane on approach.

Back