Not guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read the whole thread but on Look North tonight it was said that it's likely that he will be committed to a high security institution for life, only to be released on the acquiescence of the home secretary.

So a more severe sentence than a life sentence for murder.

If that is the outcome then it is the right decision, as he should never see the light of day again.

This board man.

This kid will have been seen by psychiatrists, all his medical records gone through with a fine tooth comb. Sane people do not go out with a bag of knives and stab someone they've never met multiple times. What the judge has done is save Joan's family sitting through a 2 week trial, having to listen to some horrendous details (which I wish I had never heard) and watch CCTV footage of the attack. Both defence and the crown prosecution are both in agreement (psychologists on both sides) that this lad is very unwell, and the result is set in stone.

It doesn't mean he won't serve a long sentence, he's gonna be in a high security mental hospital for a lot of years.

Perhaps if all the pitch fork justice folks want to make a difference, get on to your local member of parliament, and ask why these Tory fuckers keep cutting budgets.

Joan was failed by the system, as was the lad who murdered her. He should have been in a secure unit months before attack.

Is there no way these mental cases can be medicated in a hospital or at a GP practice. How many times have innocent people been murdered by loons who have just stopped taking their meds. At least then, if he doesn't show up it would alert someone in authority.

Fecking scary that someone like him could be walking towards you in the street.

Maggie Thatchers care in the community.

Is there no way these mental cases can be medicated in a hospital or at a GP practice. How many times have innocent people been murdered by loons who have just stopped taking their meds. At least then, if he doesn't show up it would alert someone in authority.

This is where the system fails. Here you have a lad who has threatened to harm people, and he's sent on his way with a shit load of medication. No way of telling if he's taken them. He was a ticking time bomb. Joan sadly was wrong place at wrong time.

All boils down to budget cuts by those c***s in power.

Only saving grace is her poor family do not have to re-live that night in court now.

This is where the system fails. Here you have a lad who has threatened to harm people, and he's sent on his way with a shit load of medication. No way of telling if he's taken them. He was a ticking time bomb. Joan sadly was wrong place at wrong time.

All boils down to budget cuts by those c***s in power.

Only saving grace is her poor family do not have to re-live that night in court now.
I read (Facebook so this is hearsay) that they were supposed to visit him every week but never did. He wasn't being regularly monitored. That is a huge failing by the system.

I read (Facebook so this is hearsay) that they were supposed to visit him every week but never did. He wasn't being regularly monitored. That is a huge failing by the system.

It would not surprise me in the slightest. There needs to be a massive investigation over this. That said, I did come across this lad through work, and know few details of case. Load of stuff I've read on here and Facebook is utter bollocks. The Judge was in possession of all facts and expert analysis of the kid, and reached right verdict IMO

I wonder if it is possible to have some sort of slow release drug where patients attend once a month to have an implant and if do not attend are checked on .... I dunno just feel like something is really missing in the treatment side of things and if 1 in 100 people have an episode once in their lifetime the risks are really significant.

If that is the outcome then it is the right decision, as he should never see the light of day again.

I think a lot of the people up in arms about the murder thing will realise once he is sentenced that the judge has done the right thing - say 10 years served for a murder and out at 28 or potentially life in a secure hospital , I know which poses less risk to the general public and I'd prefer if I was Joans family

Last edited:
Police found notes he had made of cars registrations and descriptions of individuals who owned them.

I think a lot of the people up in arms about the murder thing will realise once he is sentenced that the judge has done the right thing - say 10 years served for a murder and out at 28 or potentially life in a secure hospital , I know which poses less risk to the general public and I'd prefer if I was Joans family

Good post.

Echo report stated he was to been seen a month after he did what he did. So dunno where the weekly thing comes into it.

In 10 years he'll claim he's cured, pass all the psychological assessments, and start getting day release etc.

Killer allowed out on shopping trips despite judge warning he might never be released
"He killed her in a sexually motivated attack after forcing his way into her home, stabbing her 66 times."
"The trial judge also warned Jaggs that such was the gravity of his offence, that he may never be released."
However...
"But after being moved from Broadmoor to the medium security, Littlemore Hospital in Oxford, in 2015, Jaggs is now being prepared to be released back into the community. He has been allowed supervised visits out of hospital and has visited Oxford city centre by bus as well as going on a number of shopping trips."

12 years he's served. :rolleyes:

This lad knew what he was doing playing the mental-illness card.

Shocking.

Last edited:
From what I've read it seems that a murder charge would never stick.

If the jury brought back a guilty charge for murder, then the defence would run to the court of appeal, play the mental card and the conviction would be quashed and he walks.

If they go with manslaughter, then this would stick and as there is no doubt that he did kill her there would be no point in appealing and a long sentence can be imposed.

The CPS always aim to make the right charge stick rather than go for a headline charge.

I watched a program where a lad had been killed in a motoring accident where the other driver had been speeding (well over 100mph)
The family wanted a Causing Death by Careless driving, but because of the definition of it, the CPS went for Driving without due care
as the bigger charge had more chance of being quashed and they guy getting off scot free.

I think people are confusing what some are pissed off about. From what I've seen it's not the verdict/sentence as such, as it seems the way its being handled will mean he's not likely to ever see the light of day. It's more that some have an issue with people having sympathy for him.

If they have stopped taking their meds what is going to make then suddenly turn up at a clinic or GP practice to have them administered there instead?

Why is it scarier than some drugged up knuckle dragging chav who wants to attack randoms to prove they are big and hard in front of their mates?

Most mental health patients are likely to be a bigger danger to themselves than the general public

If they have stopped taking their meds what is going to make then suddenly turn up at a clinic or GP practice to have them administered there instead?

Why is it scarier than some drugged up knuckle dragging chav who wants to attack randoms to prove they are big and hard in front of their mates?

Most mental health patients are likely to be a bigger danger to themselves than the general public

Nothing, but non attendance will alert the authorities. I said that in my post.

I didn't say it was scarier. Just commenting on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back