Not guilty

Yes. That pav. By the hair, if they have any.
You can section them then administrator drugs.

Note that a day before his 18th birthday he was released from a mental hospital which would have been a children’s hospital. He should have been moved to an adult hospital but this is where there is failings in funding and in the system.
I wonder if the decision was rushed to meet his 18th birthday deadline.

You can section them then administrator drugs.

Note that a day before his 18th birthday he was released from a mental hospital which would have been a children’s hospital. He should have been moved to an adult hospital but this is where there is failings in funding and in the system.
I wonder if the decision was rushed to meet his 18th birthday deadline.
yes you can under s.3 of MHA but it requires a lot of medical staff to do it and normally lasts for a maximum of 6 months with certain criteria that have to be met.

Not exactly practical for every non-compliant person given the mental health provision as it currently stands is absolutely woeful. You cant even get beds for s.136 patients or crisis teams/street triage teams never mind admintting people for drug administration

Last edited:
yes you can under s.3 of MHA but it requires a lot of medical staff to do it and normally lasts for a maximum of 6 months with certain criteria that have to be met.

Not exactly practical for every non-compliant person given the mental health provision as it currently stands is absolutely woeful. You cant even get beds for s.136 patients or crisis teams/street triage teams never mind admintting people for drug administration
I know mate.
Exactly like trying to get a bed in the normal hospital. They take what they think is the most important. A tragedy.

Ian Brady was in a secure mental health institution for the vast majority of his sentence and was desperate to get back into a "normal" prison. Proving you are "sane" and fit to be released into society after carrying out such a barbaric crime is not easy, he will not be getting out for a long long time.

Cold blooded premeditated murder.
Hope the little bastard rots

Oh dear. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Last edited:
Ian Brady was in a secure mental health institution for the vast majority of his sentence and was desperate to get back into a "normal" prison. Proving you are "sane" and fit to be released into society after carrying out such a barbaric crime is not easy, he will not be getting out for a long long time.
I personally don’t think he will see the light of day again.

He'll be out eventually. Will serve minimum of 20 years wherever he ends up. Fact is in prison he is just another number. In a secure psychiatric hospital he will get the treatment he obviously desperately needed.

Highly unlikely although if he is one day completely cured perhaps he will.....Lets remember if this kid was indeed a paranoid schizophrenic he was not in control of his actions hence why he cannot be found guilty of mruder......Whether anybody can ever be "cured" of this condition to the point anybody is prepared to say they are not a threat to others is a totally different matter.

Lets also remember that as a mental illness this could/can affect any of us......It could be you, it could be your children, mental health issues dont care who you are.

I think the system has let both the poor lady and her family down terribly, again this was a random attack it could have been any of us or our families.

I think the system has let down the lad who did it and his family who will also have to live with the consequences.

There will no doubt the the usual platitudes of learning lessons by the govt and authorities, there will definitely be a serious case review for the failings of those who were aware of his condition etc and hopefully this can be avoided in the future. Doesnt help the family but may save others going through a similar tragedy :-(

Did i say i had one ?
I suspect you are trying to wind me up. So naff off. No more replies to you.
Deadly serious. You are saying patients who dont comply are somehow taken to a GP or hospital clinic to be given their medication? How does that work.

You have posted some 5hit and now have nothing to say when asked.

Who is it on the wind up then?

Should carry a higher penalty really. Can’t control his own mind so needs to be locked away in case he snaps again
What would you do with depressed people who have self harmed/attempted suicide? Do they need locking up forever too because they can't control their own mind and have snapped?

What would you do with depressed people who have self harmed/attempted suicide? Do they need locking up forever too because they can't control their own mind and have snapped?
Are they a danger to society? If so then yes, the prison system is there to protect the public and to help educate the prisoner so they can rejoin society normally.

If they’re suicidal and a danger to themselves then they need help in different ways.

So he admitted the following long before:

That he stalked people

That he tricked people into trusting him whilst secretly wanting to do them serious harm

That he harmed animals

That he would murder someone

And yet he's still left to wander the streets ffs.

People like that need locking away as they are fucked up.

The mental health claims with Brady came after many years (circa 20) served in a 'normal prison' - his crime was not the recorded as the result of schizophrenia or psychosis - according to him he researched the illness extensively while in prison and fooled a series of experts to get what he thought would be a more comfortable stay and better food in a hospital facility. Ironically he then many years later failed to convince the staff he was cured / had indeed lied to get back to mainstream prison where he would not be force fed and therefore allowed to die via hunger strike.

Ian Brady committed several murders and torture over an protracted series of time and had an accomplice who could have stepped in or alerted authorities if he indeed mentally ill - he's just pure evil , along with Hindley

Back