Not Guilty of Murder -Kieran Williams Trial Verdict

Wasn't expecting that verdict at all, poor relatives of the lad. At a loss to see how stabbing someone around 30 times is manslaughter. Also how one gets off when they were both involved. Isn't it a crime to conceal a body? The 2 scum bags even dug the lad a grave after luring him to his death.

What happened to the principle of Joint Enterprise???

There’ll have been some technicality that directed the jury to the verdict.
Possibly but I think it may be more likely that the jury was swayed by one or two of its members. The police and the family must be tearing their hair out at this verdict.

I have experience of a jury acquitting someone who was absolutely banged to rights. It’s amazing how an articulate doubter can influence others. It’s perhaps as it should be but I really hope that the jury received good guidance in this case as it looks impossible to fathom.

Nope,.fairly sure that even if you're just there observing but not participating in a murder you could be charged with murder.

Hard to prove you knew an attack was an attempt to murder mind. In this case are they both not saying they knew nothing about it and it was all the others doing?

Last edited:
Cook who got off with it said this in his evidence that Hackett did the following

"Cook, who said he had also been friends with Hackett for years, said: "He was stood over him stabbing him. He was stabbing and stabbing"

If the jury believed Cook but not Hackett I don't see how they could have found Hackett guilty of manslaughter but not murder.

Surely if they thought he wasn't guilty of murder then they would have thought he was innocent of manslaughter as well ? Unless I'm missing something.

Hard to prove you knew an attack was an attempt to murder mind.
Yeah but he should've reported it straight away, the fact he just went along with it and played dumb is well f***ing dodgy.
No justice for the poor lad, he was just a bairn still FFS.
But if the outcome of the trial is that there wasn’t a murder can there be joint enterprise?
The fact the kid was stabbed 20 times and the grave set on fire would point to murder tbh.

WTF - the whole criminal justice system needs a complete bloody overhaul including probation services! How many times have the family of a victim been let down by the Judiciary - they will never get to see their loved one ever again but the culprits basically get a slap on the wrist and end up serving less years than they were sentenced to !!!! Bloody farce and no wonder the Police get disillusioned and think why do we bother!

Yeah but he should've reported it straight away, the fact he just went along with it and played dumb is well f***ing dodgy.
No justice for the poor lad, he was just a bairn still FFS.

The fact the kid was stabbed 20 times and the grave set on fire would point to murder tbh.

I don't the last point proves it. They couldve killed someone by accident then looked to get rid of the evidence by burning.

I'm not saying it was an accidental killing by the way, just that attempting to burn doesn't point towards murder.

Hard to prove you knew an attack was an attempt to murder mind. In this case are they both not saying they knew nothing about it and it was all the others doing?
You don't have to. You have to prove an attack was premeditated with malice aforethought. Hence why you see people in prison for throwing one punch.

Back