Not been ageist. But . Should over 80s Be banned from drivving cars 🚗

I was thinking that but your last paragraph is relevant.
We don't know how close the young driver was when the old bloke started to do his manoeuvre. If he suddenly started to turn and she was coming toward him it might have been impossible for her to stop. If he was doing it in the distance and she didn't slow or stop then it's her fault.
I was the car behind the white car that crashed into the black car that did a u-turn.

There was very little breaking done by the white car to the point I don’t think I seen the break lights so I also had to slam on even though I was a little bit behind her.

That being said, I don’t think there was much time to react anyways as the car doing the uturn seemed to pull out without checking. I have a feeling the light a little further up was red so he has seen that and decided the traffic was slowing/stopping anyways.

It makes me think that I should defo get a dash cam.

I was the car behind the white car that crashed into the black car that did a u-turn.

There was very little breaking done by the white car to the point I don’t think I seen the break lights so I also had to slam on even though I was a little bit behind her.

That being said, I don’t think there was much time to react anyways as the car doing the uturn seemed to pull out without checking. I have a feeling the light a little further up was red so he has seen that and decided the traffic was slowing/stopping anyways.

Black cars matter 👍

Not necessarily well written but I get the OP's point. Some people I see out driving there's absolutely no way their reaction time would be anywhere near good enough if it was required. Some of them can't even turn properly to check blind spots and generally are just a danger on the road.

On the other side of the coin, i seen a young lad last week driving with his phone in his hand close to his face, clearly on loudspeaker talking to someone.

Thick twat
i came down the a19 earlier in the wagon. at the 183 slip onto the a19 there was 2 learner drivers, one behind the other nearly and caused a pile up trying to join the a19. i honestly couldn't fathom out how nobody crashed into each other. being higher up you see things a lot earlier and i think all experienced drivers get a sense that something might happen. they were pottering down the slip road doing about 30 mph, the first one pulled out at the very end of the slip road causing a van to swerve into the outside lane nearly taking out another car and the second learner just followed the first one onto the a19 causing havoc.
these were 2 learners with either instructors or examiners in the car with them. when i drew alongside you could see they were young'uns. i was wondering if learner cars still have dual controls because that was canny dodgy to see unfold.

i was wondering if learner cars still have dual controls because that was canny dodgy to see unfold.
dual controls back in my day were just brake & clutch, which wouldn't have helped in this instance. in some ways, it's the none driver in both these cars that are more liable than the learner drivers. they should be using their experience to tell the young kids the correct way to join a fast moving dual carriageway.

Me and the Mrs are at the point where we really want to stoop her dad driving like, hes 84, we’ve asked him to consider it and he goes on d out his freedom etc but he’s had several bumps this year alone, eyesight and hearing are piss ooor and had the reactions if a snail, we do feel bad but we’d feel even worse if he was to kill soneone. That said some bloke reversed into the Mrs a few weeks back in asda in his transit van , said he couldn’t see the car as it was similar colour to the road and he was only about40, Saturday just gone in Morrisons a woman reversed into us in a juke, she was 30,just piss poor driving tbh

I myself have stopped driving since I had my stroke, my concentration levels are shot to fuck so I decided I’ll wait a while before I get back behind the wheel.

Has to be a limit like but I’m not sure at what age etc because of the above….

Yeah if the black car has pulled out when the white car was close up to it, it's 100% the black car's fault. Can't blame the white car driver there.

dual controls back in my day were just brake & clutch, which wouldn't have helped in this instance. in some ways, it's the none driver in both these cars that are more liable than the learner drivers. they should be using their experience to tell the young kids the correct way to join a fast moving dual carriageway.
if they had duals the instructor/examiner should've used them to come to a stop instead of nearly causing an accident. whatever, you're right in that they should be teaching them how to join a dual carriageway correctly.

Accident yesterday outside my local shops . 85 year old bloke tried to do U turn on busy road . Young lass crashed into him . Both cars wrote off . Bloke had to be cut out of car by fire brigade. There could of been bairns in that lasses car . Police have suspended 85yr old blokes licence allegedly. Should there be an age limit where your not allowed to drive no more
Not if they are fit, healthy and capable.

i came down the a19 earlier in the wagon. at the 183 slip onto the a19 there was 2 learner drivers, one behind the other nearly and caused a pile up trying to join the a19. i honestly couldn't fathom out how nobody crashed into each other. being higher up you see things a lot earlier and i think all experienced drivers get a sense that something might happen. they were pottering down the slip road doing about 30 mph, the first one pulled out at the very end of the slip road causing a van to swerve into the outside lane nearly taking out another car and the second learner just followed the first one onto the a19 causing havoc.
these were 2 learners with either instructors or examiners in the car with them. when i drew alongside you could see they were young'uns. i was wondering if learner cars still have dual controls because that was canny dodgy to see unfold.
Poor guidance by the instructor in this case, then again instructors aren't what they used to be, standards have dropped on both sides of the L plates.

if they had duals the instructor/examiner should've used them to come to a stop instead of nearly causing an accident. whatever, you're right in that they should be teaching them how to join a dual carriageway correctly.
I used to blow a fuse almost every time I was sitting in with the boy when he was learning to drive. There are some fuckíng grade a arseholes out there, people speeding up in the inside lane to get in front when he was trying to join quicker roads was my biggest fury point, he nearly ran of of slip road a few times because of ignorant fuckers doing this. A prick taxi driver whose son goes to seta buzzed him a few times coming up the slip road to join the 1231. I’m convinced it was on purpose. I was going to have a word with him but he’s lucky my lad didn’t want to cause a fuss. I probably would have dragged the twat out of the window and throttled him.

Last edited:
I used to blow a fuse almost every time I was sitting in with the boy when he was learning to drive. There are some fuckíng grade a arseholes out there, people speeding up in the inside lane to get in front when he was trying to join quicker roads was my biggest fury point, he nearly ran of of slip road a few times because of ignorant fuckers doing this. A prick taxi driver whose son goes to seta buzzed him a few times coming up the slip road to join the 1231. I’m convinced it was on purpose. I was going to have a word with him but he’s lucky my lad didn’t want to cause a fuss. I probably would have dragged the twat out of the window and throttled him.
i'm hoping you both read the highway code. not excusing twattish driving but it's fairly clear how to join.

i'm hoping you both read the highway code. not excusing twattish driving but it's fairly clear how to join.
It is fairly clear how to join and he passed his test first time, aggressive arseholes hoofing past ignoring indicators and L plates were the problem. I’m also blue light trained on fire appliances and went through regular refresher training including theory so I’m better than most including ‘professional’ HGV drivers who quite frankly are fuckíng shocking so that’s not too hard.

If you are fit and able to drive then you are fit and able to work.

So people should be allowed to have either a driving license or claim state pension, but not both at the same time.

Let the people decide.

It is fairly clear how to join and he passed his test first time, aggressive arseholes hoofing past ignoring indicators and L plates were the problem. I’m also blue light trained on fire appliances and went through regular refresher training including theory so I’m better than most including ‘professional’ HGV drivers who quite frankly are fuckíng shocking so that’s not too hard.
you can have all the training in the world but all you need to do is follow the highway code and you'll not go far wrong. there's far too many folk think it's just something to read before passing a test and forgotten about. did your blue light training tell you that as long as you indicate it's fine to pull out? perhaps these 'aggressive arseholes' were just people who couldn't pull over because they would've wiped someone out or do you want that to happen? would you like them to come to a stop on a busy dual carriageway and have someone go up their arses just to let someone out who hasn't a clue how to drive?

Last edited:

Bought one off Amazon for about £70 (front and rear), fitted it myself, took about half an hour. It's claiming 4k, but it's not quite. Videos are crystal clear. I already have enough footage to start a youtube channel, If I ever had time to upload the f***ing stuff. The standard of driving you see when you drive all day for a living is absolutely appalling.

Back