Not been ageist. But . Should over 80s Be banned from drivving cars 🚗

JD73

Full Back
Accident yesterday outside my local shops . 85 year old bloke tried to do U turn on busy road . Young lass crashed into him . Both cars wrote off . Bloke had to be cut out of car by fire brigade. There could of been bairns in that lasses car . Police have suspended 85yr old blokes licence allegedly. Should there be an age limit where your not allowed to drive no more

Accident yesterday outside my local shops . 85 year old bloke tried to do U turn on busy road . Young lass crashed into him . Both cars wrote off . Bloke had to be cut out of car by fire brigade. There could of been bairns in that lasses car . Police have suspended 85yr old blokes licence allegedly. Should there be an age limit where your not allowed to drive no more
Was the elderly driver in the middle of the road?

Accident yesterday outside my local shops . 85 year old bloke tried to do U turn on busy road . Young lass crashed into him . Both cars wrote off . Bloke had to be cut out of car by fire brigade. There could have been bairns in that lasses car . Police have suspended 85yr old blokes licence allegedly. Should there be an age limit where your not allowed to drive no more
It’s a difficult issue.

1. What about elderly people who live in rural areas not served well by public transport who rely on driving to get about.

2. Not all 80 year olds are doddery. Some are fit, active and very good drivers.

3. Making older drivers resit tests is expensive - who pays?

There are loads more considerations and it’s not straightforward.

Nah. We should allow them one accident then revoke.

Police and authorities have done their job.

Shame on the young lass that she was the chosen one. If I was a conspiracy theorist I’d even go as far as to say she was a plant to get another driver off the road and keep insurance premiums higher for the rest of us.

Accident yesterday outside my local shops . 85 year old bloke tried to do U turn on busy road . Young lass crashed into him . Both cars wrote off . Bloke had to be cut out of car by fire brigade. There could have been bairns in that lasses car . Police have suspended 85yr old blokes licence allegedly. Should there be an age limit where your not allowed to drive no more
I honestly don’t know. I’ve seen some who are absolutely horrendous but no worse the impatient arseholes of all ages undertaking, cutting in front, going through reds, hoofing up the outside lane way over the speed limit and tailgating in a feeble attempt to get you to move etc etc.

On Pallion Rd a few months ago and the whole road was a standstill for ages because an old woman had tried to do a U turn ( no idea why ) she looked like she was gonna give up at one point and leave the car but eventually got it sorted , should be tested a lot more frequently.

No. Just people who can’t spell driving.

Edit: seriously though but: the aged can be a bit irritating at times but the most danger I feel is from a young woman joining a carriageway and assuming that she’s got right of way, not indicating on a roundabout or driving around an estate at an unreasonable speed. It used to be boy racers. Now it’s more likely to be young women. My wife agrees. I’m not misogynistic

Last edited:

Back