Not been ageist. But . Should over 80s Be banned from drivving cars 🚗

Was teaching my son the other week on a trading estate. This utter kernt gets out of a factory, views us coming along the road n gets in van. I say its alright son hes seen you. Screetches out at us in reverse n speeds off the tosser.

Utter shit drivers of all ages. Im not sure how many on roads have passed a test tbh.
Get used to it, L plates these days apparently mean, quick hoof past and swerve in front of this newbie fucker or drive up their arse or shout at them because they're not pulling out to block a box junction (I wish I was in for that one) I knew drivers had become way more ignorant since I started driving, I had no idea by how much until I sat in with him when he was learning.
how do you know it was their first time?
their instructor should assess wether they're up to a standard and are fully aware of the highway code rules regarding slip roads before they do so. obviously the one's in my example and yours weren't and it's obviously down to poor guidance.
i really hope your angry attitude on this doesn’t transfer onto the roads.
i've had enough, drive safely.
Angry attitude :lol: Typical Brexit loving snowflake.

Last edited:
Yes they should.

My Granda is 89, has Parkinsons and terminal cancer and yet he still wants to drive. He hasn't done so for a few weeks now but the family is trying to persuade him to pack it in.

Nonsense.

It's not nonsense at all. There are way too many lunatics on the roads who seem to have forgotten all the lessons they learned as a learner driver, not to mention all the people with deteriorating eyesight or other health problems they didn't have when they originally took their tests that affect their driving.

It's not nonsense at all. There are way too many lunatics on the roads who seem to have forgotten all the lessons they learned as a learner driver, not to mention all the people with deteriorating eyesight or other health problems they didn't have when they originally took their tests that affect their driving.
It is nonsense, they haven't even got enough availability to provide tests for new drivers never mind every single driver in the country every five year. A 20 year old driver doesn't need retested at 25, in the majority of cases the drivers skills will have improved massively after 5 years of driving. The issue is attitudes on the roads and lack of enforcement, do you think people driving 5 years don't know they aren't meant to drive on the mobile phones? Indicate? Give way at junctions, not tailgate etc? Of course they do they just don't care because they get away with it, taking a 45 minute driving test isn't going to improve that.

Back