Norwich

People slagging off those signings if we’d of had barnes from January where would we be?

Barnes would never have been released in January but I agree he could have made a difference.

Ultimately he’s not the sort of signing we’re interested in though and long term that’s no doubt a positive.

I find it strange how much people have bought into our new transfer policy. Yes it’s been a marked improvement on what preceded it but it’s not the only way to go and is dictated as much by the financial horror show that we witnessed in the last few years as having complete merit in its own right.

He played 9 in a row, the last of which was 2 weeks before we signed him. Considering his player of the month award as well it's very harsh to say he couldn't get a game.
Why did they let him go and why did he drop to league one if he was a corner stone of the team ?
Hes been fantastic since his first few appearences for us and glad he joined but the slagging off of a player who spent most of his career in a higher division with a similar style game is ridiculous .

Why did they let him go and why did he drop to league one if he was a corner stone of the team ?
Hes been fantastic since his first few appearences for us and glad he joined but the slagging off of a player who spent most of his career in a higher division with a similar style game is ridiculous .
They let him go because his wages were massive and they were close to financial fair play limits. He signed for them when they were pissing money away left and right after being relegated from the PL.

I don't care either way about Duffy, probably haven't watched 10 games of him in my life, just not having the Batth slander. 😂

They let him go because his wages were massive and they were close to financial fair play limits. He signed for them when they were pissing money away left and right after being relegated from the PL.

I don't care either way about Duffy, probably haven't watched 10 games of him in my life, just not having the Batth slander. 😂

You're spot on about Batth.

He was in the Stoke team and doing well, but was on stupid wages from a legacy contract and the opportunity to get that off their books was something they couldn't refuse.

He played 9 games in a row prior to being sold and the Stoke fans on here have confirmed he was only sold to get his wages off the books.

You're spot on about Batth.

He was in the Stoke team and doing well, but was on stupid wages from a legacy contract and the opportunity to get that off their books was something they couldn't refuse.

He played 9 games in a row prior to being sold and the Stoke fans on here have confirmed he was only sold to get his wages off the books.
He started 10 of their 25 league games before he signed for us in the January.

Back