1. We will be performing upgrades to the RTG servers this weekend which may result in some minor disruption and short periods of downtime.
    Dismiss Notice

Northumberland - place recommendations for a night away

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Paninaro, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Paninaro

Paninaro Midfield

reet - got a free night on hotels.com which I have to use in the next month or so and the Mrs (no) fancies somewhere in Northumberland, maybe coastal so thinking of seahouses, alnwick, alnmouth but not really familiar with what hotels are decent

Any recommendations? Just looking for somewhere nice with a decent bar and restaurant- cheers

2. We are having an overnighter to ride around Keilder. Cannot swear how good it will be though, as i have to take Mrs. R, it is her birthday after all.
    But if you cycle, swim, walk or even just stargaze, it should be decent.

3. tonyfromalnwick

tonyfromalnwick Midfield

4. becs

becs Striker Contributor

Stayed here near Keilder in the family studio and it was lovely. The people who run it are really nice and the room was so comfortable. Would definitely stay again.

The Boe Rigg, Hexham: Info, Photos, Reviews | Book at Hotels.com

We did the observatory and the birds of prey centre. Both were fantastic experiences. Plenty of other stuff to do there as well.

El Oso, gavinmcant, DJP and 1 other person like this.
  5. Old Prestonian

Old Prestonian Striker

Ship Hotel, Seahouses.

6. Effrafax

Effrafax Midfield

I’ve got 8 to use on hotels.com

I’m fucking sick of hotels

7. Paninaro

Paninaro Midfield

Just looked at that mate, looking at a walk in the afternoon, decent bar for teatime pints and a nice evening meal - looks like it fits the bill ?

Thanks mate not available on hotels.com for the dates we can go

8. Old Prestonian

Old Prestonian Striker

Unfortunate. It would fit your requirements perfectly. Any hotels in Bamburgh available? I was very unimpressed when I stayed at The White Swan, Alnwick but it was a good while ago.

9. burb

burb Midfield

I've stayed on holy island a couple of times. Nice when the tide comes in, lovely and peaceful. Couple of nice little pubs as well.

The Raven and Hebdomad like this.
  10. Dennis

Dennis Full Back

Victoria hotel in Bamburgh

Paninaro likes this.
  11. mad cyril

mad cyril Midfield

Joiners arms in low Newton is great. Gastro pub with boutique style rooms.
    A short walk from the beach where the ship pub is. Lovely part of the world.

12. tonyfromalnwick

tonyfromalnwick Midfield

Food's decent, not sure about the drink. Plenty of local walks to take. Don't go out after dark though, we still have a vampire problem.

Paninaro likes this.
  13. Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger Midfield

Ruined that place when it was taken over by a chain.

14. duff_man

duff_man Striker

15. Horatio Pugwash

Horatio Pugwash Striker

Dunno if you are aware mate but you can use your hotels.com night toward a more expensive place.
    If you have say £90 to spend you can put another £20 in and get a £110 a night hotel

16. mux

mux Striker Contributor

Place called Battlesteads.

Not that far away, cracking bar and restaurant and it won't cost you a fortune. They even have an observatory so if it is a clear night you can peruse infinity should you wish.

17. Hebdomad

Hebdomad Full Back

Rothbury used to be a decent drinking village.

Me and the missus had a couple nice nights up there. Bit of grub and a wander round the pubs.

Until Raul and Gazza turned up.

peasmarshmakem and Paninaro like this.
  18. Hooky

Hooky Central Defender

Geronimo likes this.
  19. Paninaro

Paninaro Midfield

I wasn’t aware until about an hour ago mate!!! - I’ve got 99 quid so happy to pay a bit more

20. powburn red

powburn red Midfield

Sorry but the Tankerville Arms at Eglingham if you want great rooms....good food(not cheap) great bar and friendly locals...quiet villagge but not far from Alnwick(5 miles)
    If you want a curry in Alnwick ...Misvesi...