Northumberland - place recommendations for a night away

reet - got a free night on hotels.com which I have to use in the next month or so and the Mrs (no) fancies somewhere in Northumberland, maybe coastal so thinking of seahouses, alnwick, alnmouth but not really familiar with what hotels are decent

Any recommendations? Just looking for somewhere nice with a decent bar and restaurant- cheers
Well Seahouses is probably the worst of all the coastal places.

Beadnell,Craster,Newton,Embleton,Bamburgh,Alnmouth,Lindisfarne

Newton is maybe best shout for decent pub/restuarant. The Ship Inn is a brewery

I've stayed on holy island a couple of times. Nice when the tide comes in, lovely and peaceful. Couple of nice little pubs as well.

Anywhere on there I could snidey camp in the van?

Well Seahouses is probably the worst of all the coastal places.

Beadnell,Craster,Newton,Embleton,Bamburgh,Alnmouth,Lindisfarne

Newton is maybe best shout for decent pub/restuarant. The Ship Inn is a brewery

Manageress is a bit of a dragon mind.

Last edited:
reet - got a free night on hotels.com which I have to use in the next month or so and the Mrs (no) fancies somewhere in Northumberland, maybe coastal so thinking of seahouses, alnwick, alnmouth but not really familiar with what hotels are decent

Any recommendations? Just looking for somewhere nice with a decent bar and restaurant- cheers
Stayed at Doxford Hall (Alnwick way), a few weeks ago, has a great spa etc. Best hotel I have stayed in in the UK. Beautiful place, highly recommend. £110 for couple B&B with use of spa unlimited. Luxurious rooms.

Percy Arms at Chatton, Dunstanburgh Castle in Embleton and Cook & Barker at Newton on the Moor are all excellent

Alnmouth, my home village its beautiful and beach is lush too, schooner is questionable about rooms but food has went up a lot but sun does nice bait

Craster Arms in Beadnell is a nice pub with a cracking beer garden and has accomodation. I stayed just down the road at Farne Lodge for a wedding up at Newton Hall last year, which was nice too, but it's just a room - not B&B or a hotel. There's a nice cafe up the road opposite the Craster Arms though that does a cracking breakfast.

Alnmouth, my home village its beautiful and beach is lush too, schooner is questionable about rooms but food has went up a lot but sun does nice bait

Stayed at Alnmouth at the Hope & Anchor over the weekend. Just been done out to high standard and premium room was £120, canny size and spec. We ate there as well, canny scran. Alnmouth is lovely in itself and an excellent base to explore from, we walked to Warkworth, about 6 - 7 miles on Sunday.

Do not in any circumstances stay in the Schooner - see Trip Advisor reviews as to why.

Back