North east gig turnouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say you're into ,you mean playing in a covers band ? They are completely separate to me
Apart from playing I've been to less than 100 pub cover gigs in all my life
Just not my thing .Not knocking the people who stand and watch me ,just not my thing .You're right about it being fairly vibrant and I think that directly affects the real live scene of an area .
The Beatles started out as a covers band. Good way to learn your chops imo.

i fully respect lads playing in covers bands. They’re doing what they love and earn a few quid. People enjoy listening to songs they know so best of luck to them.

for me personally, I’d much rather go and see a band doing their own thing, regardless for it’s terrible or not, my support would be them.

When you say you're into ,you mean playing in a covers band ? They are completely separate to me
Apart from playing I've been to less than 100 pub cover gigs in all my life
Just not my thing .Not knocking the people who stand and watch me ,just not my thing .You're right about it being fairly vibrant and I think that directly affects the real live scene of an area .
I was in an originals band and we used to cover 'It's So Easy' by Guns N' Roses, it used to annoy me that people's interest perked up when we played that.

Everyone does in some capacity .Not talking about that really though .I enjoy playing in one ,I don't watch them
I was in an originals band and we used to cover 'It's So Easy' by Guns N' Roses, it used to annoy me that people's interest perked up when we played that.
Aye,does your head in . I Did 10 years plus of writing/performing/selling your own stuff and its a ballache and a thankless task .Still have the tunes and the memories etc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back