Normality from June 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually looking pretty pessimistic tbf, I think it could be earlier. Many US states are opening up quickly, even ‘yellow’ areas of California will have sports stadiums two thirds full from 1st April. In the USA the vaccinations are allowing things to open up quickly. It’s largely states governed by the Republicans but Connecticut and California are Democrat governed and set the framework out for a pretty swift reopening.
The medical fraternity in the USA has called the "opening up" by Republican Governors " negligent , ignorant and far too soon".
The Texas governor made a speech last night saying Covid in his state is down to illegal mexicans , being allowed across the border by Biden and even after testing positive , being put on buses and transferred into cities.
Would any sane person see the withdrawing of the mask mandate by this lunatic as a reason to be positive ??

I posted this on another thread but think it’s relevant here as well

“how u come out of lockdowns is critical, Joe public is always overly optimistic and coupled with the economic argument the pressure to lift restrictions quickly is immense, no government has done it successfully yet but then we never had vaccines before let’s hope we’ve learnt to be patient and stamp the bloody thing into oblivion”

If that make me an old doom monger, so be it but as Johnson put it this opening up has to be non reversible

I think Joe public is often overly pessimistic too going from what I read on here!!

Fingers crossed that we're heading back to some sort of normality very soon.

The medical fraternity in the USA has called the "opening up" by Republican Governors " negligent , ignorant and far too soon".
The Texas governor made a speech last night saying Covid in his state is down to illegal mexicans , being allowed across the border by Biden and even after testing positive , being put on buses and transferred into cities.
Would any sane person see the withdrawing of the mask mandate by this lunatic as a reason to be positive ??
Democrat governors have also started opening up. The lunatics for me are those who still want mask wearing to be mandatory in the second half of the year.
Worrying. Not sure why any rational person thinks late June is too soon.
I posted this on another thread but think it’s relevant here as well

“how u come out of lockdowns is critical, Joe public is always overly optimistic and coupled with the economic argument the pressure to lift restrictions quickly is immense, no government has done it successfully yet but then we never had vaccines before let’s hope we’ve learnt to be patient and stamp the bloody thing into oblivion”

If that make me an old doom monger, so be it but as Johnson put it this opening up has to be non reversible
I think we will have restrictions for the flu in winter, Western governments now realise they can do what they like and the people will support it.

Last edited:
If things carry on as they are, by the end of April there'll be next to no cases, hardly any deaths & hardly anyone in hospital.

Sounds like cases of Stockholm syndrome is going to be the bigger concern after lockdown.

Surely one of the lessons that should be learnt from last year is that rushing out of lockdown to quickly results in the virus coming back and biting you in the arse. I don’t think anyone wants that to happen

Surely one of the lessons that should be learnt from last year is that rushing out of lockdown to quickly results in the virus coming back and biting you in the arse. I don’t think anyone wants that to happen
Tens of millions have been vaccinated now. But most people share your line of thinking, that’s why we will lockdown again in the winter and most people most question it.

Democrat governors have also started opening up. The lunatics for me are those who still want mask wearing to be mandatory in the second half of the year.

Worrying. Not sure why any rational person thinks late June is too soon.

I think we will have restrictions for the flu in winter, Western governments now realise they can do what they like and the people will support it.
On what do you base your criticism of masks may need to still be worn from summer onwards ? Bear in mind the USA is a few weeks behind us in where the virus is at ( their own medical experts predicting a wave of infection to come in the next 4 to 6 weeks due to mutations now causing s rise in infections ) . Given they are maybe 2 months behind us and we are hoping to have some form of normality by July and that us only if figures don’t deteriorate when we start easing off? We are talking about USA but for the UK I certainly would be very worried if we were going to drop mask mandate at least until well into next winter when we will have more data.

On what do you base your criticism of masks may need to still be worn from summer onwards ? Bear in mind the USA is a few weeks behind us in where the virus is at ( their own medical experts predicting a wave of infection to come in the next 4 to 6 weeks due to mutations now causing s rise in infections ) . Given they are maybe 2 months behind us and we are hoping to have some form of normality by July and that us only if figures don’t deteriorate when we start easing off? We are talking about USA but for the UK I certainly would be very worried if we were going to drop mask mandate at least until well into next winter when we will have more data.
Masks should be advisory and not compulsory after June 21st. People are sick of being told what to do by this corrupt Tory government, if people want to wear them, fine, but don’t enforce it.

If things carry on as they are, by the end of April there'll be next to no cases, hardly any deaths & hardly anyone in hospital.

Sounds like cases of Stockholm syndrome is going to be the bigger concern after lockdown.
Nope there are no serious medical experts predicting that scenario by the end of April.

I'm not saying open up at end of April.
But mid June isnt rushing it.
I don’t think we will open until May/June 2022 tbh. Kwasi Kwarterang more or less said social distancing will be in for all of 2021. I had no doubt I was going to get the vaccine but I think it’s pointless getting it now if it changes nothing.

I don’t think we will open until May/June 2022 tbh. Kwasi Kwarterang more or less said social distancing will be in for all of 2021. I had no doubt I was going to get the vaccine but I think it’s pointless getting it now if it changes nothing.
Why think that ?? Will be lifted mid 21

Why think that ?? Will be lifted mid 21
Furlough in place till September, then in September Whitty and Vallance will be on TV with their projections which will then include flu, and will say it’s a bad flu year so we need to have restrictions, furlough extended until 2022. Unless the people rebel against restrictions, which they won’t.

Furlough in place till September, then in September Whitty and Vallance will be on TV with their projections which will then include flu, and will say it’s a bad flu year so we need to have restrictions, furlough extended until 2022. Unless the people rebel against restrictions, which they won’t.

From july it's only part furlough to allow companies to phase in the return to work

Tens of millions have been vaccinated now. But most people share your line of thinking, that’s why we will lockdown again in the winter and most people most question it.

I can only speak for myself and I won’t meekly accept another lockdown unless there is valid reasons for one and I don’t know anyone who will

From july it's only part furlough to allow companies to phase in the return to work
That’s the straw I’m clutching too, but reality dawned for me when it was extended. I just can’t see that pillar of support being removed at the end of September, just as talk of the NHS and wintertime re-emerges at the forefront of public discourse again.
I can only speak for myself and I won’t meekly accept another lockdown unless there is valid reasons for one and I don’t know anyone who will
YouGov polls shows many people enjoy this way of life though, I’m not sure what people would do, I think the only protests would come from those whose livelihoods have already been trashed for the last 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back