Normalisation of being fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm an avid reader of the daily mail sidebar much to my own chagrin but I can't help but notice the creep of curvy and buxom etc.

It's not. It's fat and it's propagating a problem potentially worse than smoking. Nationally our diet is absolutely shit and diabetes is off the charts.

Don't know where I'm going with this rant to be fair but I need to vent.
so what do you think about the vast majority of advertising that shows size zero anorexic models, that destroys the self esteem of most normal women.

Mrs Cat(no) couldnt believe how many fat lasses where here when she arrived from Poland she reckoned polish girls cared more about themselves and having been there several times i cant argue. Now whether this changes as the east becomes more westernised remains to be seen but there is truth in what she says
Polish lasses are lush, like.

The irony of this is that the fat-positivity seems to have resulted directly from the idealization of walking, talking coat hangers by the fashion and movie industries. Both are awful and damaging in health terms and aesthetically unpleasant (at least IMO). Surely it can't be that hard to look at photos of fit, athletic people and understand from that what is healthy and what is less healthy.
Sinewy Paula Radcliffe types? Nah you're alright mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back