Normalisation of being fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeytassle

Striker
I'm an avid reader of the daily mail sidebar much to my own chagrin but I can't help but notice the creep of curvy and buxom etc.

It's not. It's fat and it's propagating a problem potentially worse than smoking. Nationally our diet is absolutely shit and diabetes is off the charts.

Don't know where I'm going with this rant to be fair but I need to vent.

I'm an avid reader of the daily mail sidebar much to my own chagrin but I can't help but notice the creep of curvy and buxom etc.

It's not. It's fat and it's propagating a problem potentially worse than smoking. Nationally our diet is absolutely shit and diabetes is off the charts.

Promoting models who must be 20+ stone as real women is not good for anyone.

The irony of this is that the fat-positivity seems to have resulted directly from the idealization of walking, talking coat hangers by the fashion and movie industries. Both are awful and damaging in health terms and aesthetically unpleasant (at least IMO). Surely it can't be that hard to look at photos of fit, athletic people and understand from that what is healthy and what is less healthy.

Last edited:

Have a tab and calm down mate. It's not restricted to the UK should see some of the bloaters on the streets of Perpignan.The gypos here claim a form of disability allowance for beig overweight.

The DM has nothing on the people promoting the idea of being body positive whilst also being morbidly obese. There's got to be some kind of body dysmorphic disorder at play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back