Normalisation of being fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetes can be cured for nothing. That bomb can be diffused
No, it can't.

Type 2 (the one most people get) is generally, but not always, preventable. It can't be cured, but can be managed and even go into remission with the right lifestyle changes.

Can't be arsed to get into a thing with you at this time of night Harry. You're a born contrarian, although I'm sure you'll disagree.

No, it can't.

Type 2 (the one most people get) is generally, but not always, preventable. It can't be cured, but can be managed and even go into remission with the right lifestyle changes.

Can't be arsed to get into a thing with you at this time of night Harry. You're a born contrarian, although I'm sure you'll disagree.

:lol:

I'm an avid reader of the daily mail sidebar much to my own chagrin but I can't help but notice the creep of curvy and buxom etc.

It's not. It's fat and it's propagating a problem potentially worse than smoking. Nationally our diet is absolutely shit and diabetes is off the charts.

Don't know where I'm going with this rant to be fair but I need to vent.
I get what you're saying but the daily mail?

f***ing hell man :lol:

My missus reads that shit

I'm an avid reader of the daily mail sidebar much to my own chagrin but I can't help but notice the creep of curvy and buxom etc.

It's not. It's fat and it's propagating a problem potentially worse than smoking. Nationally our diet is absolutely shit and diabetes is off the charts.

Don't know where I'm going with this rant to be fair but I need to vent.

You're more ranty in your old age marra nevertheless I agree with you in this instance.

It is, like most societal trends, cyclical. A social norm is propogated and people buy into it, literally and figuratively. However there will inevitably be a counter culture by those who are unable or unwilling to consume the norm. There is then the realisation that actually the counter culture can be exploited and that is then propogated as the social norm. Rinse and repeat.

E.g. Everyone sees slim models in magazines and on TV, they buy slimming products, clothes, beauty products etc.

Fatties can't afford or can't lose weight and a consensus builds up that why should overweight people conform. Kerching, let's put a plus size model on a billboard advertising swimsuits for "normal people".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back