Non League Football

They attracted a load of banned gremlins about 12 years back when I was doing all the Northern League grounds and they had the a terrible reputation for causing bother in a league that never had any at all. I would be amazed if any Sunderland suppertor followed them.

I saw them start a fight at Whickham one midweek among volunteers who were pensioners. Not sure what they are like now but that group of fans have no place in football at any level.
There's a number of Sunderland supporters from North Shields that have also supported North Shields for years
Unfortunately like you say the club has attracted these idiots over last number years

Deerness Valley (WL3) beat Durham City (WL1) 12-0 at the weekend.

Trained with DVFC a few weeks ago. Cracking setup and a good bunch of lads so the win doesn't surprise me. The scoreline, however does slightly.

As for DCFC, looks like another season of being whipping boys, sadly. Bernard needs to sell to anyone willing to take it on that can make them a somewhat respectable non league club again and not the running joke of North East football.
Not a single mention of the result on Durham's twitter, either

Mates son played for them last season. I believe they still have some 'characters' amongst their following.
Wankers would be the word I would use, always looking for bother and don’t care who it is with…..had a handful trying to get on the pitch at Consett one time to try and get at the ref and just wandering round the ground trying to goad people into a scrap.

Wankers would be the word I would use, always looking for bother and don’t care who it is with…..had a handful trying to get on the pitch at Consett one time to try and get at the ref and just wandering round the ground trying to goad people into a scrap.
They need to realise the hooligan days have gone.
It's not that long ago, last December, that i was visiting my lad in London and we went to Borough for a few. Millwall were at home to Birmingham. Fans of both teams were in The Bridge Tap. No bother and no bouncers either.

Deerness Valley (WL3) beat Durham City (WL1) 12-0 at the weekend.

Trained with DVFC a few weeks ago. Cracking setup and a good bunch of lads so the win doesn't surprise me. The scoreline, however does slightly.

As for DCFC, looks like another season of being whipping boys, sadly. Bernard needs to sell to anyone willing to take it on that can make them a somewhat respectable non league club again and not the running joke of North East football.
Not a single mention of the result on Durham's twitter, either
Durham City should just give it up as a bad job. OB has made them into, as you say, a running joke in North East football. I think the 5 aside team I play for could give them a run for their money with 2x as many players on the field.

Durham City should just give it up as a bad job. OB has made them into, as you say, a running joke in North East football. I think the 5 aside team I play for could give them a run for their money with 2x as many players on the field.
Aye, he had canny intentions but the Australian bloke they have as chairman has even admitted that he was sold a lemon when he bought the club... The sale didn't include the ground and essentially was only for the name/badge/kits/players.

His intentions were good but things haven't gone the way that anyone would want, sometimes due to circumstances out of control, other times due to decision making

Back