Non League Football

Come and watch the real Shields instead ;)

Are there many Sunderland supporting North Shields fans?
Yes theres around 20/ 30 Sunderland fans from North Shields and Tynemouth area that I know support North Shields too , can imagine most like myself won’t be going back until this mag shite crawl stops
i continued to watch North Shields after the loss of Appleby park watching them play at Percy main and Rising sun grounds in the Wearside league with gates of 20/30 before they were given Gardner Park ground

As a number have mentioned its Loss of identity , very sad day

Here's another Sunderland-supporting North Shields fan very disappointed to see the new barcode-style away kit. Nowt wrong with the yellow and green away strip they've had for the last couple of seasons

Tom Broadbent holds a legendary status for scoring the winning goal at Oxford with probably one of our worse sides for a few years.
This is a very decent signing at this level.
Ex army lad who has had a few demons to battle with. Absolutely adored by Swindon fans mind and has his own song.
Will be genuinely interested in how he gets on.

Here's another Sunderland-supporting North Shields fan very disappointed to see the new barcode-style away kit. Nowt wrong with the yellow and green away strip they've had for the last couple of seasons
Even that was a take off of a scum away shirt of the 90s

To many mags influencing committee at North Shields these day unfortunately, I won't be back until the barode shite is gone

Even that was a take off of a scum away shirt of the 90s

To many mags influencing committee at North Shields these day unfortunately, I won't be back until the barode shite is gone
I don’t know what it’s like now but there were quite a few going to North Shields games who were either annoyed with Mike Ashley or had banning orders. That was about 10 year ago though.

Tom Broadbent holds a legendary status for scoring the winning goal at Oxford with probably one of our worse sides for a few years.
Ex army lad who has had a few demons to battle with. Absolutely adored by Swindon fans mind and has his own song.
Will let you know

Good to hear. Seen a few say this. His missus is from up here so I think it's a real coup for us.
He looks a bit of a unit as well which is what we lacked last year.

I don’t know what it’s like now but there were quite a few going to North Shields games who were either annoyed with Mike Ashley or had banning orders. That was about 10 year ago though.
Most started attending around 2014\15 when things were on the up promotion to northern league div1 and the FA Vase season and still attending nowadays , non have a clue about football either

Come and watch the real Shields instead ;)

Are there many Sunderland supporting North Shields fans?
They attracted a load of banned gremlins about 12 years back when I was doing all the Northern League grounds and they had the a terrible reputation for causing bother in a league that never had any at all. I would be amazed if any Sunderland suppertor followed them.

I saw them start a fight at Whickham one midweek among volunteers who were pensioners. Not sure what they are like now but that group of fans have no place in football at any level.

They attracted a load of banned gremlins about 12 years back when I was doing all the Northern League grounds and they had the a terrible reputation for causing bother in a league that never had any at all. I would be amazed if any Sunderland suppertor followed them.

I saw them start a fight at Whickham one midweek among volunteers who were pensioners. Not sure what they are like now but that group of fans have no place in football at any level.
Mates son played for them last season. I believe they still have some 'characters' amongst their following.

Last edited:

Back