Non League Football

Going to head to Thornaby v Ryhope this week.
Saw Thornaby at Whitley Bay yesterday in a 0-0 draw.
Considering Thornaby are 2nd in the league, they looked an above average side, but not title contenders.
Whitley Bay played well with a dogged display. The last ten minutes were eventful, with both teams having chances to win it.
Very enjoyable for a no-score draw...

Horden CW v Blyth Town, Ernest Armstrong Cup. tomorrow evening

Horden v Tow Law on April 9th the last game for the iconic Horden stamd, that will be demolished after this game.

If you haven't been, and have an interest in football stands this will be your last chance to see the one at Horden/

Took my son to his first ever game on Saturday, Seaham Red Star vs Guisborough. Only saw 60 minutes as he was starting to get tired, but he lasted longer than I thought as he just turned 2 a couple weeks ago. Decent NL standard game with plenty tussles. First time I’ve been since relocating back to the North East. Club house was packed, Guisborough seemed to bring a few with them and no bother from what I saw. Might not mean much to anyone but being able to take my boy to his first game was a big deal for me! When we walked in and saw them training with the ball he said “wowwwww football!”

Took my son to his first ever game on Saturday, Seaham Red Star vs Guisborough. Only saw 60 minutes as he was starting to get tired, but he lasted longer than I thought as he just turned 2 a couple weeks ago. Decent NL standard game with plenty tussles. First time I’ve been since relocating back to the North East. Club house was packed, Guisborough seemed to bring a few with them and no bother from what I saw. Might not mean much to anyone but being able to take my boy to his first game was a big deal for me! When we walked in and saw them training with the ball he said “wowwwww football!”

I was at that game myself. Of course its a big deal and anyone who is a father would agree it does mean a lot, its one of those landmark moments in life, that reminds you of when your father took you to your first game. It certainly rolls back time in an instant.

I went to Bishop v Northallerton - a 6-pointer at the foot of the table. Away side went ahead (could've been dealt with better) but Bishop fought their way back to go 2-1 up at HT and did look the stronger, more competent side. However, they managed to undo all that good work within minutes of the re-start when Northallerton equalised and a couple of quick-fire goals about quarter of an hour later meant the away side went 2-goals up.
It's clear the home side have some capable individuals and started to put the away side's goal under some pressure in the last 15 minutes but didn't really test the opposition's young 'keeper like you'd expect. You can see why the home side are near the bottom if they're capable of such meek defence of such a commanding position.

Saw Thornaby at Whitley Bay yesterday in a 0-0 draw.
Considering Thornaby are 2nd in the league, they looked an above average side, but not title contenders.
Whitley Bay played well with a dogged display. The last ten minutes were eventful, with both teams having chances to win it.
Very enjoyable for a no-score draw...
Thornaby ,North Shields and Sunderland Ryhope, all trying to finish in the runner up spot behind Consett
I think Thornaby are favourites, Shields have too much of a backlog
Consett will be promoted
There are 16 runner up teams in the country at this level, the best 10 of them will be promoted, and the other 6 will play a playoff against 6 of the second worst teams from the higher divisions
Clear as mud
Thornaby are geographically better off than Shields to play in the higher division, with midweek games in York's. , Manchester etc

Horden CW v Blyth Town, Ernest Armstrong Cup. tomorrow evening

Horden v Tow Law on April 9th the last game for the iconic Horden stamd, that will be demolished after this game.

If you haven't been, and have an interest in football stands this will be your last chance to see the one at Horden/

I've been to Horden but might go again, great place

Thornaby ,North Shields and Sunderland Ryhope, all trying to finish in the runner up spot behind Consett
I think Thornaby are favourites, Shields have too much of a backlog
Consett will be promoted
There are 16 runner up teams in the country at this level, the best 10 of them will be promoted, and the other 6 will play a playoff against 6 of the second worst teams from the higher divisions
Clear as mud
Thornaby are geographically better off than Shields to play in the higher division, with midweek games in York's. , Manchester etc

:confused: they are 7th. you haven't mentioned aycliffe who ryhope can't overtake even if they win their game in hand

Back