Non League Football

Fa cup draw has been done, sheelds at home to Stockport, should be a big crowd as they seem to be dwindling at the moment

3 rounds till sunderland enter. i don't think that the national league enter until the final qualifier, theres usually some real lower league teams in the first round. normally at least 1 or 2 evo stik premier level, so every chance that sheilds could be there, although stockport will be a big test

3 rounds till sunderland enter. i don't think that the national league enter until the final qualifier, theres usually some real lower league teams in the first round. normally at least 1 or 2 evo stik premier level, so every chance that sheilds could be there, although stockport will be a big test
They are 1 league above shields I believe and I think shields will fancy there chances with this tie even though it’s a hard one, be great for the club to go on another decent cup run and there is a fair bit of money involved if they can get to the 1st round proper, wish then luck and would love a 1st round draw at the sol as I would guess would the shields players as a few a MLF

Possibly made my judgement in relation to the size of the crowd,1100 ish,but quite liked the bar with orderly queqe,3 pound a pint and friendly locals,good pitch side view and general countryside feel though near to town location.
Couldn’t handle 1000 of us from Shields last year. Didn’t even attempt to accommodate.

Probably already covered but I watched Blair Adams score a hat trick for shields on Saturday in the FA cup. What a signing he has been for shields. Class at that level

Lee Sharpe iirc

It goes to show the difference in standard though. I saw him play at Gateshead last year for Pools and thought he looked a fish out of water until he was sent off.

It goes to show the difference in standard though. I saw him play at Gateshead last year for Pools and thought he looked a fish out of water until he was sent off.
Not necessarily.
He’s playing under good instruction in a well drilled team now.
Shields more than held their own against multiple National and National North teams last season, difference being the game they stumbled was against a full time side.

Personally can’t wait to see once Shields (hopefully) become full time as the results the management are getting working with small hours is brilliant.

Leonardo

Can see the problems with larger crowds and considering they are an ex league club it seemed very non league compared to Hartlepool but just gave my view on the good day out I had.
The former League club played at The Reynolds Arena tho.
This version of Darlington didn’t even have the provisions in place to get compete in the Play Off’s 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Not necessarily.
Shields more than held their own against multiple National and National North teams last season, difference being the game they stumbled was against a full time side.

Personally can’t wait to see once Shields (hopefully) become full time as the results the management are getting working with small hours is brilliant.

The former League club played at The Reynolds Arena tho.
This version of Darlington didn’t even have the provisions in place to get compete in the Play Off’s 2 years ago.

Fair enough points.

Not necessarily.

Is there a target for going full time? Next season if they go up?

Is there a target for going full time? Next season if they go up?
There’s been plenty murmurs that it might happen were they to get promoted to the National North.
I haven’t heard that from anyone reliable myself tho.

There’ll definitely be plans. I don’t think they’ve set a ceiling for where they want to end up tho and hopefully the new stand will follow not long after another promotion.

Back